Turn on thread page Beta

Burgundy lipstick? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really want a burgundy lipstick that I can buy for a reasonable price on the high street...any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    mua do good lipsticks for a pound each, if you dont like, its only a pound, and comes with a mini lip gloss pot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adesola15)
    mua do good lipsticks for a pound each, if you dont like, its only a pound, and comes with a mini lip gloss pot.
    Hi yes, I've got that one the only problem is it goes slightly blotchy after a while, but I haven't tired the lip gloss pot, but thank you

ReputationRep:
    I got a burgundy lipstick from essence, most Wilko stores will have an essence make up stand. It was only about £2 but a great quality lipstick. Can't fault it. Failing that as the user above said you could try MUA, or make up revolution (both found in superdrug), though I have had mixed results. Some lipsticks have been very dry and flaky, others have been just right and some have been way too sticky and slide about.

ReputationRep:
    Barry m and Rimmel London do lipsticks for a fiver. Costs more but the quality is better than mua.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, mua is a bit hit and miss, but yh ill have to check out wilkos

ReputationRep:
    Revlon and Max Factor do very good lipsticks for a very good price.

ReputationRep:
    go to boots/superdrugs -and they usually have offers. Remember you get what you pay for. And the reasonably priced ones' quality is better. if you buy a cheap one then you may not get the look/ pigmentation you want and then you may think it doesn't suit you. So test a few out and go for the quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsemilyyeahh)
    I really want a burgundy lipstick that I can buy for a reasonable price on the high street...any suggestions?
    Try rimmel london by kate moss, i think its shade 30, just have a look in boots or superdrug

ReputationRep:
    Thread reminded me that I really need a burgundy lipstick too 👌😫

ReputationRep:
    Reckon 'Black Cherry' is really nice! Just blot it to lighten the colour a bit if you'd like that. Also Maybelline have a great one, I can't remember what it's called at the moment but so do Rimmel! I would go with those two brands for lipstick, and L'Oreal too cause they're reliable, the other ones such as Collection are a bit hit and miss I find.

ReputationRep:
    rimmel London lipsticks (the kate moss ones) are good.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.