The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship and next year uni

Hello. I am looking for an apprenticeship as i did not get into uni this year, however i am planing on going to uni next year.

I am wondering how this would conflict with an apprenticeship given that ones lasting less than 12 months are rare meaning that one i would start soon would end by the time I would have to be in university, implying that i would have to quit the apprenticeship, lose the qualification, and have no good reference for the personal statement? or could i just say i have done this during x and quit it short of completion due to conflict with the academic year (but i still have experience etc etc)

As I understand it many people do apprenticeships during gap years, so how does it go?

thanks
Hey!
I had the same plan as you I wanted to do apprenticeship for 12 months and after that go to university but I started at wrong time and I would finish late to be able to apply for university next year. But unfortunately I only did apprenticeship for 6 months and didn't get the job I have 4 weeks to find another, a week left and still no luck I decided to apply to university and I got accepted I also had ucas points which helped me get in.

1. Have you got any ucas points?
2. If you start this month you will finish at the same time next year meaning you will have time to finish the apprenticeship and apply for university.
3. All apprenticeships involve college assignments or any other work that form a qualification if you finish that work within the 12 months means you got your qualification but you will have to work for the duration of the apprenticeship 12 months I think I am not sure you will have to speak to someone who provided the apprenticeship.
4. I don't think your reference will be effected if you try and work hard they might give a good one even tho you left early.

Like I said you should speak with the people who provided the apprenticeship.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
i have ucas points, I finished college with a D*D*D in my level 3 course, but i did not pass an English GCSE resit which is why i did not get into uni this year.
i don't think i will start within a week :frown: ,that's what i'm worried about, that ill have to leave early and not have much of a good reference for my PS as i would just having a part time job. Are you suggesting that i could finish an apprenticeship early?

Cheers
Original post by This kid
i have ucas points, I finished college with a D*D*D in my level 3 course, but i did not pass an English GCSE resit which is why i did not get into uni this year.
i don't think i will start within a week :frown: ,that's what i'm worried about, that ill have to leave early and not have much of a good reference for my PS as i would just having a part time job. Are you suggesting that i could finish an apprenticeship early?

Cheers

I am not sure if you can finish early :frown: is there a apprenticeship center at your college? You could speak with them about this

What are English requirements for the course at the university?

This might have some useful information
http://www.brightknowledge.org/knowledge-bank/education-pathways/apprenticeships/changes-to-your-apprenticeship
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending