Turn on thread page Beta

Can I wear fake glasses at uni without people noticing they're fake? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, firstly I know a lot of people hate the concept of wearing fake glasses and I apologise to any offended by it. I know it's kind of lame but I feel much more confident in how I look with glasses on. I have a pair of clear lens glasses but it is almost inevitable someone will want to try them on and realise I am wearing fake glasses. Is there any valid excuse I could make in this case e.g. Saying they are the lowest level of prescription? Or would it be better to not wear them at all and avoid the risk of people finding out and judging me for it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol wut. Just say they can't wear your glasses. If they're plastic people will tell just by looking at you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why not just tell them they're non prescription if they ask and give them the reasoning (you feel more confident). Most decent people will respect that and things start to get complicated when you start telling lies etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i totally get what u mean cos i wear glasses (not fake ones tho) and i don't like to take them off in public

you could just say they are very weak lenses, that you feel more confident with them on or that they just can't try them on.
    Get the perspexy ones tho bc as a user above said if the lenses are plastic u can tell they are not very strong/fake bc the light and image dosent refract or diffract or whatever ...act it is (srry im no good at physics )

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chdksskj)
    Hi, firstly I know a lot of people hate the concept of wearing fake glasses and I apologise to any offended by it. I know it's kind of lame but I feel much more confident in how I look with glasses on. I have a pair of clear lens glasses but it is almost inevitable someone will want to try them on and realise I am wearing fake glasses. Is there any valid excuse I could make in this case e.g. Saying they are the lowest level of prescription? Or would it be better to not wear them at all and avoid the risk of people finding out and judging me for it.
    Just say you like wearing them, if anybody asks If anybody is offended then they need to grow up, i've worn glasses all my life (i can't see without them) and i wouldn't care/take the time to care if someone wears them and they don't need to.

ReputationRep:
    You could pass them off as reading glasses you bought,which usually have a low prescription anyway and if anyone asks, say how they're reading glasses but you always end up wearing them,forgetting to take them off,or say how you like the way you look when you wear them and that you feel confident,so wear them all the time! if you're worried about people trying them on and commenting on the strength,just say they help make things less fuzzy,so they're probably not going to make anything appear stronger anyway.

Use those £1 3D glasses from Odeon XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justag)
    Lol wut. Just say they can't wear your glasses. If they're plastic people will tell just by looking at you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But aren't a lot of normal prescribed glasses lenses plastic? I can't find any non-plastic clear lens ones but from what I've read plastic lenses are quite common on real glasses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue101010)
    Why not just tell them they're non prescription if they ask and give them the reasoning (you feel more confident). Most decent people will respect that and things start to get complicated when you start telling lies etc.
    What? Who the f*ck interogates people about their glasses?

ReputationRep:
    Just say they're a slight prescription

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Opticians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    Opticians.
    Then one should rub his/her nipples in an anticlockwise motion to show superiority infront of ones optician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chdksskj)
    But aren't a lot of normal prescribed glasses lenses plastic? I can't find any non-plastic clear lens ones but from what I've read plastic lenses are quite common on real glasses.
    Plastic frames, the type that clearly look fake. Like 3d glasses or cheap sunglasses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Nobody "interrogates" people as such, but it's common to ask someone something like "what prescription are they".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue101010)
    Nobody "interrogates" people as such, but it's common to ask someone something like "what prescription are they".
    Never been asked that in my life but ok

ReputationRep:
    Why do you feel more confident wearing glasses I feel less confident lol. Also people ask me if they can wear my glasses and I just say no.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.