Turn on thread page Beta

What to do when you get cat called? watch

ReputationRep:
    On the way back to my flat from uni, I got cat called by a man sitting on his balcony. I didn't know what to say so I just ignored him, and continued walking. Do you think it is safe to continue walking that route? I feel like I shouldn't...

ReputationRep:
    why wouldn't it be safe? just because someone cat calls you doesn't mean they are going to rape you, he was just a bit of a creep

if you avoided every place that has a tiny risk of something bad happening to you then you wouldn't even leave your house

ReputationRep:
    Purr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    why wouldn't it be safe? just because someone cat calls you doesn't mean they are going to rape you, he was just a bit of a creep

if you avoided every place that has a tiny risk of something bad happening to you then you wouldn't even leave your house
    The fact that he lives there and could be sitting and watching me every time I walk makes me sick :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Purr.
    not funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Purr.
    Kiwi stop it too many lols :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Politely request he does not do that in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt he'll notice you walking past again. Unless you make yourself obvious.

There's no need to feel it's not a safe route. There will be other people around, he's not exactly going to come down and get you.

ReputationRep:
    Call him a fat prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majatheaztec)
    not funny
    Oh come on it was a little bit!

But in answer to the OP it's entirely up to you. Whether you think that the cat call is where you want to draw the line in which case find a different route. Alternatively just keep walking down there rape alarm in hand maybe sharp pen in pocket and ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    There was a girl in Birmingham who complained to police with film evidence of builders consistently cat calling and harassing her, even blocking her path to talk to her, and she had social anxiety

Police only spoke to them tbf so there's not much you can do, either try something back or find a different route but imo you shouldn't have to go our of your way for these people

ReputationRep:
    Ignore it, but if the creature is in walking distance, spit on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Ignore it, but if the creature is in walking distance, spit on him.
    How to get a broken nose :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, I ignore them. It scares me though.

ReputationRep:
    Usually just pull down my trousers and accept the offer

ReputationRep:
    Bare your canines.

ReputationRep:
    Next time tell him you don't like it and find his behaviour disgusting. Odds are he will lose confidence and never do it again.

ReputationRep:
    I'd drop my pants down and wave my penis around in a stylish fashion.

#prettygirlproblems :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majatheaztec)
    On the way back to my flat from uni, I got cat called by a man sitting on his balcony. I didn't know what to say so I just ignored him, and continued walking. Do you think it is safe to continue walking that route? I feel like I shouldn't...
    If he is a bit of a creep It's best to not put yourself in a vulnerable situation
    Unless you have great kick boxing skills
    I would find a new route

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.