The Student Room Group

A level further maths... help

Im studying further maths along with three other a levels (maths, economics and English literature) and was wondering how you manage the time! FP1 isn't that bad ive covered quite a bit but its just proof by induction, series and a little bit of matrices left but my applied modules are pulling me. Im doing D1 and M1. D1 is quite easy just need to finish the module but M1 ... omg theres just so much too all of this, any revision tips or time management tips ?. Im finding the content easy (par M1) but im finding it hard to fit it in especially since i have no timetabled lessons !

sorry if this was more like a rant
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Jerome85
Im studying further maths along with three other a levels (maths, economics and English literature) and was wondering how you manage the time! FP1 isn't that bad ive covered quite a bit but its just proof by induction, series and a little bit of matrices left but my applied modules are pulling me. Im doing D1 and M1. D1 is quite easy just need to finish the module but M1 ... omg theres just so much too all of this, any revision tips or time management tips ?. Im finding the content easy (par M1) but im finding it hard to fit it in especially since i have no timetabled lessons !

sorry if this was more like a rant

Well, it just so happens that the parts you have just listed in FP1 that you haven't finished are often considered the hardest, especially the proof by induction part!
If you're finding Maths and Further Maths pretty hefty then I would advise dropping an A-level after this year, it's far better to get a good 3 A-levels than 4 generally okay/good A-levels but then again if you're really smart maybe you can handle it!

The way that I managed my time for Further/Maths was that I dedicated a majority of my time to the stuff I found the most difficult,-- due to the cumulative nature of maths once I could do the difficult stuff the easier content became even more simplistic to accomplish!

Oh and btw, S2 is relatively a standalone to S1 whereas M2 is solidly based and expands on M1 so just think about your applied and which would be the best path to go down.

Hope this helped.
Reply 3
Original post by Adjunct Bias
Well, it just so happens that the parts you have just listed in FP1 that you haven't finished are often considered the hardest, especially the proof by induction part!
If you're finding Maths and Further Maths pretty hefty then I would advise dropping an A-level after this year, it's far better to get a good 3 A-levels than 4 generally okay/good A-levels but then again if you're really smart maybe you can handle it!

The way that I managed my time for Further/Maths was that I dedicated a majority of my time to the stuff I found the most difficult,-- due to the cumulative nature of maths once I could do the difficult stuff the easier content became even more simplistic to accomplish!

Oh and btw, S2 is relatively a standalone to S1 whereas M2 is solidly based and expands on M1 so just think about your applied and which would be the best path to go down.

Hope this helped.

Sorry i meant to say im only taking Further maths to AS im deffo only doing three dont want to work myself too much, and thank you soo much honestly this helped loads

Quick Reply

Latest