mmmohmygod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey!

So for one half of my A2 coursework, I need to choose a maximum of four texts. I missed the last lesson of Literature when this work was given out before the summer holidays and nobody cared to inform me () when we were told to choose the four texts and literally only found out today. I was the only one so unprepared.

Not the point. I need four texts urgently. Novels would be preferred! Because I've studied Jane Eyre a couple of times, I'm choosing that but other suggestions are welcome because I'm sure I'll probably end up scrapping JE from my pile. I'm a quick reader (or, I can skim...) and so even if it's novels I haven't read, I should be fine. I know this must appear really unprepared - and it is - but I'm out of ideas as to what I could/should use.

The coursework will be a feminist or Marxist reading of the novel(s), close analysis and other things as far as I'm concerned. I'm leaning towards doing a feminist reading mostly than I am for a Marxist (HAD ENOUGH OF MARXISM, it's popping up in my Drama this year too :unimpressed:) one, so if you know any novels that'd be good to do a feminist reading of let me know!

BUT DON'T SUGGEST PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. I CAN'T. I'M SORRY.

Thanks a lot!
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mmmohmygod)
Hey!

So for one half of my A2 coursework, I need to choose a maximum of four texts. I missed the last lesson of Literature when this work was given out before the summer holidays and nobody cared to inform me () when we were told to choose the four texts and literally only found out today. I was the only one so unprepared.

Not the point. I need four texts urgently. Novels would be preferred! Because I've studied Jane Eyre a couple of times, I'm choosing that but other suggestions are welcome because I'm sure I'll probably end up scrapping JE from my pile. I'm a quick reader (or, I can skim...) and so even if it's novels I haven't read, I should be fine. I know this must appear really unprepared - and it is - but I'm out of ideas as to what I could/should use.

The coursework will be a feminist or Marxist reading of the novel(s), close analysis and other things as far as I'm concerned. I'm leaning towards doing a feminist reading mostly than I am for a Marxist (HAD ENOUGH OF MARXISM, it's popping up in my Drama this year too :unimpressed:) one, so if you know any novels that'd be good to do a feminist reading of let me know!

BUT DON'T SUGGEST PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. I CAN'T. I'M SORRY.

Thanks a lot!
Wide Sargasso Sea is a good and arguably the most popular to compare with JE as it's a novel about the xcrazy women in the attic - but from her perspective and her past life.

You could possibly do anything by Caryl Churchill - she's a right feminist. Cloud 9 and Top Girls are popular dramas.

Anything by Carol Ann Duffy is also a prized feminist poet you could use any of her anthologies, or selected poems - depending on what your actual essay will be about.

The Handmaid's Tale is a fascinating aspect of feminism, set in a dystopian world. I do recommend this cause it's my most favourite out of my recommendations :P.

I studied Top Girls at uni, so if you do choose that, I can help you if you wish.
BULL14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
8.82%
I need help researching courses (2)
5.88%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
8.82%
I need help with my personal statement (16)
47.06%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
20.59%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.94%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads