Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So for one half of my A2 coursework, I need to choose a maximum of four texts. I missed the last lesson of Literature when this work was given out before the summer holidays and nobody cared to inform me () when we were told to choose the four texts and literally only found out today. I was the only one so unprepared.

Not the point. I need four texts urgently. Novels would be preferred! Because I've studied Jane Eyre a couple of times, I'm choosing that but other suggestions are welcome because I'm sure I'll probably end up scrapping JE from my pile. I'm a quick reader (or, I can skim...) and so even if it's novels I haven't read, I should be fine. I know this must appear really unprepared - and it is - but I'm out of ideas as to what I could/should use.

The coursework will be a feminist or Marxist reading of the novel(s), close analysis and other things as far as I'm concerned. I'm leaning towards doing a feminist reading mostly than I am for a Marxist (HAD ENOUGH OF MARXISM, it's popping up in my Drama this year too :unimpressed:) one, so if you know any novels that'd be good to do a feminist reading of let me know!

BUT DON'T SUGGEST PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. I CAN'T. I'M SORRY.

Thanks a lot!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mmmohmygod)
    Hey!

So for one half of my A2 coursework, I need to choose a maximum of four texts. I missed the last lesson of Literature when this work was given out before the summer holidays and nobody cared to inform me () when we were told to choose the four texts and literally only found out today. I was the only one so unprepared.

Not the point. I need four texts urgently. Novels would be preferred! Because I've studied Jane Eyre a couple of times, I'm choosing that but other suggestions are welcome because I'm sure I'll probably end up scrapping JE from my pile. I'm a quick reader (or, I can skim...) and so even if it's novels I haven't read, I should be fine. I know this must appear really unprepared - and it is - but I'm out of ideas as to what I could/should use.

The coursework will be a feminist or Marxist reading of the novel(s), close analysis and other things as far as I'm concerned. I'm leaning towards doing a feminist reading mostly than I am for a Marxist (HAD ENOUGH OF MARXISM, it's popping up in my Drama this year too :unimpressed:) one, so if you know any novels that'd be good to do a feminist reading of let me know!

BUT DON'T SUGGEST PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. I CAN'T. I'M SORRY.

Thanks a lot!
    Wide Sargasso Sea is a good and arguably the most popular to compare with JE as it's a novel about the xcrazy women in the attic - but from her perspective and her past life.

You could possibly do anything by Caryl Churchill - she's a right feminist. Cloud 9 and Top Girls are popular dramas.

Anything by Carol Ann Duffy is also a prized feminist poet you could use any of her anthologies, or selected poems - depending on what your actual essay will be about.

The Handmaid's Tale is a fascinating aspect of feminism, set in a dystopian world. I do recommend this cause it's my most favourite out of my recommendations :P.

I studied Top Girls at uni, so if you do choose that, I can help you if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 18, 2015

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.