Ok so these are my grade

Eng Lang - C
    Eng Lit - A
    Sociology - B
    Maths - C
    History - C
    Business - B
    Science - C

I got till tomorrow to decide, I don't like IT but I have no idea what job I want or what I should do for A Levels, I just want a secure safe job that pays well.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shirin1)
    bump
    what BTEC options have you got I am doing BTEC I.T and double Applied science (both at level 3) and Urdu which I might drop due to too many clashed no my timetable. I also got similar grades to you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    what else are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,there is no reason why you must do a course that you are not dedicated to,as your more than likely going to give it up or continue doing it and not want to go into that line of work.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to do as a job?

ReputationRep:
    Do a levels and pick English literature, psychology, business and... dunno a science or maybe sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you're not sure and you don't even like IT. Change to A-Levels. Do subjects that you like/want to do, or do a BTEC that you like/want to do. However, when you don't know what sector you want to go into, I would always recommend A-Levels. Not because Universities favour them, but because you as a person will be more versatile in what profession you will suit.

If you suddenly realise you want to do a job not related to IT, you'll have wasted 2 years doing a load of IT ****. If you do A Levels, with an A Level in IT as one of the four, you will still have 3 other subjects that will have applicable elements to your desired job. As well as this, you can drop IT if you don't enjoy it after AS, instead of having to change course next year if you hate it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks to all, my dad wants me to do IT as he says the future is secure, say if I don't do IT at A Level or if I fail my A levels, can I drop out go to college and study for IT there?, I don't know what job to do

(Original post by Flint_sky7)
    Do a levels and pick English literature, psychology, business and... dunno a science or maybe sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks but do you where doing A levels like these might land me in terms of job prospects?

ReputationRep:
    thanks to all, my dad wants me to do IT as he says the future is secure, say if I don't do IT at A Level or if I fail my A levels, can I drop out go to college and study for IT there?, I don't know what job to do

Thanks but do you where doing A levels like these might land me in terms of job prospects?
    Yeah sure you can, I think you have to pay if you have already done 2 years of A Levels though. I know that it's free if you drop out at AS and change course, but if you change course after A2 I believe you would have to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Go for A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Do English Lit, Business Studies and sociology you won't get anywhere if you're only doing BTEC IT

ReputationRep:
    ok cheers guys, but what career path can i take that'll lead to a decent career

ReputationRep:
    sorry bu im really stuck, what career path can i do if i take those subjects

ReputationRep:
    Base around English lit, be wary that you will need a B in English language to get into uni
    ok cheers guys, but what career path can i take that'll lead to a decent career

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will98765)
    Base around English lit, be wary that you will need a B in English language to get into uni
    ok thanks bro, so im still stuck and i have to pick my a levels tomorrow, i have no idea what career path to take aswell

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry man, you don't need a career path yet. Just do subjects you enjoy, see if you want to carry it through to Uni after and go from there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing BTEC IT, but I've got tomorrow to change to A Levels

Ok so these are my grade

Eng Lang - C
    Eng Lit - A
    Sociology - B
    Maths - C
    History - C
    Business - B
    Science - C

I got till tomorrow to decide, I don't like IT but I have no idea what job I want or what I should do for A Levels, I just want a secure safe job that pays well.
    I'd say A levels, keeps your options open. Do English lit, sociology, business and one other, maybe Maths or a science? Or ICT or maybe even economics if you want? That will open lots of doors for s stable career and it will mean you have more time to decide what you want to do in the future!

(Do them only if you wants though!)

ReputationRep:
    The IT BTEC is really good and is much better that the A level ICT, if you want a career in IT go for the BTEC 100%, I would seriously suggest avoiding ICT A level, go for either A level Computing or BTEC IT if you want a career in IT.

However, it is a lot of work and you need to be self-motivated, if you have no passion to do it you will quickly go off it and that would be a waste of 2 years, if you can find something that you really want to do go for a BTEC in it as the employment prospects are better.

If you are unsure of what you want to do, i would suggest taking 3/4 solid A levels that could allow you to get onto any uni course or allow you to easily change your career path (i.e. Maths, Sciences, English, Business/Economics etc. )

Do you want to go to university or go straight into employment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    The IT BTEC is really good and is much better that the A level ICT, if you want a career in IT go for the BTEC 100%, I would seriously suggest avoiding ICT A level, go for either A level Computing or BTEC IT if you want a career in IT.

However, it is a lot of work and you need to be self-motivated, if you have no passion to do it you will quickly go off it and that would be a waste of 2 years, if you can find something that you really want to do go for a BTEC in it as the employment prospects are better.

If you are unsure of what you want to do, i would suggest taking 3/4 solid A levels that could allow you to get onto any uni course or allow you to easily change your career path (i.e. Maths, Sciences, English, Business/Economics etc. )

Do you want to go to university or go straight into employment?
    i'd like to go down the traditional route, uni then career.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.