Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just added a new post onto the blog! Quite a gap between this post and the last - I'm currently soaking up the Sun in Dubai so apologies for that. Do check out the post and PM me if there are any questions

www.teentodoctor.wordpress.com
    Spoiler:
    Show
    EDIT: Apologies for the delay - I am certainly not sorry for the sun hehehehe :bl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TeenToDoctor)
    Just added a new post onto the blog! Quite a gap between this post and the last - I'm currently soaking up the Sun in Dubai so apologies for that. Do check out the post and PM me if there are any questions

Hello,

This is fantastic! I love finding fellow bloggers on WordPress.
    I love this post that you've put up - I'd love to share it on a side blog I run called 'The A Level Project' which you can visit here.

Would you mind me reblogging this article to this blog?

If you'd like to visit my main WordPress you can find it here.

Many thanks,
    JustGeorgeJ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello,

This is fantastic! I love finding fellow bloggers on WordPress.
    I love this post that you've put up - I'd love to share it on a side blog I run called 'The A Level Project' which you can visit here.

Would you mind me reblogging this article to this blog?

If you'd like to visit my main WordPress you can find it here.

Many thanks,
    JustGeorgeJ
    Hi! I've just had a quick skim of your wordpress and I loved the overview so far! Will be sure to sit down and have a read properly just now

Certainly - that'd be great! Thank you

Best wishes,
    TeenToDoctor
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi! I've just had a quick skim of your wordpress and I loved the overview so far! Will be sure to sit down and have a read properly just now

Certainly - that'd be great! Thank you

Best wishes,
    TeenToDoctor
    Hello,

Thank you for that, that's lovely of you to say

Awesome, I'll get that done right away!

All the best,
    JustGeorgeJ

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    EDIT: Apologies for the delay - I am certainly not sorry for the sun hehehehe :bl:
    Honestly. Loved your guide to getting A*'s. Truly inspirational. I sorta messed up my AS levels, mainly due to personal problems, it was quite a shock because academically, I am quite advanced, but problems + a levels = low grades.

This year Im retaking alot of modules alongside ny A2s. I want to prove myself it is doable, that I can get way above what I previously got in AS, but also smash my A2s.

Motivation for me is a problem however... it'd be nice if you could share a few tips on how to stay motivated , how to focus on study and block everything out.

Also, how did you memorise that much content? I find A-levels being quite daunting cos of the amount.

Thank you for your tips anyways - added your blog to my bookmarks tab

ReputationRep:
    This. Blog. Post. Is. Amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The blog looks excellent; will definitely be following this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _masriya)
    Honestly. Loved your guide to getting A*'s. Truly inspirational. I sorta messed up my AS levels, mainly due to personal problems, it was quite a shock because academically, I am quite advanced, but problems + a levels = low grades.

This year Im retaking alot of modules alongside ny A2s. I want to prove myself it is doable, that I can get way above what I previously got in AS, but also smash my A2s.

Motivation for me is a problem however... it'd be nice if you could share a few tips on how to stay motivated , how to focus on study and block everything out.

Also, how did you memorise that much content? I find A-levels being quite daunting cos of the amount.

Thank you for your tips anyways - added your blog to my bookmarks tab
    Hey!
    Glad you liked the blog

I'm sorry to hear the AS's didn't go so well but you shouldn't be concerned! I don't know if you're considering doing medicine; in case you aren't, there's this test called the UKCAT which I wrote about a week or so ago and a mistake a lot of candidates make which is often their downfall is the fact that they panic. Panic/stress/worry seriously ruins what could've been a perfect outcome - sounds like you had some extenuating circumstances during your AS year but now you can really pull your socks up, set aside the unfortunate issues that you encountered during Year 12 and focus on getting this year right.

Motivation - super, super important and something I personally love doing pretty much daily. Can't remember who said it but there's a quote that goes "Some people say motivation doesn't last - well neither does bathing which is why it's reccommended daily". If you go on YouTube and search Ben Lionell Scott, he has excellent motivational videos to get you going. You can subscribe to it for constant motivation

Content - I'm a little bit of an elephant when it comes to remembering things. However, I think repetition is key. The more you repeat, the more you remember. You might think 'really?' but the truth is - how many times do you think the alphabet was repeated to you until you finally got it? School has just started so stay on top of your work so you can allow yourself time to review things. Furthermore, if you're enjoying what you're learning it'll help you remember things automatically - probably why we remember song lyrics more easily! Pay attention in class and try to fix any problems you have asap - otherwise they just pile up.

Nothing is daunting! Have some confidence in yourself - in my opinion, success in A levels lies much more in organisation than in inate ability. If you're allowing enough time for revision and ensuring you consolidate topics as well as address difficulties in class (not when you're home and can't be bothered to get back to it), you'll be fine

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User008)
    This. Blog. Post. Is. Amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're very kind - thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!)
    The blog looks excellent; will definitely be following this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very glad to hear you say so - thank you! For your convenience, you can subscribe to the blog so that you receive an e-mail if I ever post anything
    (Not intended as an annoying ad haha; just to make it easy for you if that's what you'd like )

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.