How do I space my paragraphs on UCAS for my PS?

Watch
dancinglove
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I uploaded my personal statement to UCAS, only to be horrified by what looked like a massive block of text.

It seems UCAS formatting means that 1 'enter' is not sufficient to distinctly separate paragraphs. Should I sacrifice 4 lines of text to 'double enter' and distinctly separate my paragraphs? I really want to avoid cutting it by that much, however using the indent key didn't work on the UCAS site.

How exactly will my personal statement be received by admissions tutors? Exactly how it looks on my application?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The only way to make clear paragraphs is to put a whole line break between them. It makes it a LOT easier to read if you do
snowflake39
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One space between sentences is enough right? I think on UCAS it just looks like one big chunk of text because they count each sentence since the maximum is 47. I assume that the universities will see the space in between the paragraphs if you left one line open, right? Anyone know how this goes?
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dancinglove)
I uploaded my personal statement to UCAS, only to be horrified by what looked like a massive block of text.

It seems UCAS formatting means that 1 'enter' is not sufficient to distinctly separate paragraphs. Should I sacrifice 4 lines of text to 'double enter' and distinctly separate my paragraphs? I really want to avoid cutting it by that much, however using the indent key didn't work on the UCAS site.

How exactly will my personal statement be received by admissions tutors? Exactly how it looks on my application?
You need to leave a blank line between paragraphs to make it readable. My profile will tell you why. I'd have thought you would need more than four paragraphs though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads