The Student Room Group

Would it bother you if your partner was bisexual?

Or pansexual etc.?

There are a few reasons I'm asking, one of which is out of concern that my boyfriend is bothered by my sexuality so I wanted to know what others thought? Or is anyone else in the same boat?

Would it cause insecurity? More so than if both individuals were straight? There are negative stereotypes around of bisexuals being more likely to cheat or are 'greedy' (both bullsh*t).. But would you listen to them or trust your partner? etc.
I just want to know views.
Duhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2
A little I guess
but I have a personal policy on trust in a relationship so if they mess it up
It's adios
Reply 3
No I don't think so, as long as they were loyal.

Can't say for sure though, never had a bisexual partner.
Reply 4
No it wouldn't bother me, I don't see any reason why it should :smile:
Reply 5
It wouldn't bother me though I would find it a bit weird now if my partner just told me now after 6 years he was bi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all.
Yeah. I'm gay and the thought of a boyfriend having had sex with a woman and/or wanting to is pretty disgusting to me.
Of course not.
Would have no problem with it.
Original post by Ellie96
Or pansexual etc.?

There are a few reasons I'm asking, one of which is out of concern that my boyfriend is bothered by my sexuality so I wanted to know what others thought? Or is anyone else in the same boat?

Would it cause insecurity? More so than if both individuals were straight? There are negative stereotypes around of bisexuals being more likely to cheat or are 'greedy' (both bullsh*t).. But would you listen to them or trust your partner? etc.
I just want to know views.

Not if I knew before me and her began to think about being in a relationship.

Then I'd be inclined to trust that she actually wants to be with me.

However if she just brought it up months into the relationship it would annoy me as she'd only say it if she was having thoughts about another girl, either generally or specifically. But I'd appreciate the honesty, despite being kinda late xD

Basically, it would kinda bother me, but I'd be surprised if it changed my opinion on them as a potential partner tbh.
Well I'm assuming they would tell me beforehand if they knew but otherwise, it wouldn't bother me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm bi myself, so if anything it'd be an advantage.
As someone constantly decviating between thinking I'm gay and thinking I'm bi, I couldn't care less.
I'm pansexual, so no. In fact, I'd prefer it so I wouldn't have to worry about them being uncomfortable with it.
No-more chance of a threesome.
Nah. Not that stupid tbh.
Reply 17
I don't trust nobody.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It bothered me a bit yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending