Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an F in my coursework, is it possible to get a C or B overall?
    English Language by the way
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Don't Know 79)
    I got an F in my coursework, is it possible to get a C or B overall?
    English Language by the way
    AQA
    I have looked over you paper, you have done the following; • offers evidence that the text is fully understood makes perceptive connections and comments about concerns and issues raised in the text • offers appropriate quotations or references to support understanding and you have crossed linked it with your opinions first paragraph i would reward you the full 8 marks you have completed that band in what the examiner looks for • offers evidence that the text is fully understood • shows a detailed engagement with the text • makes perceptive connections and comments about concerns and issues raised in the text • offers appropriate quotations or references to support understanding second paragraph i reward you again the full 8 marks because.• offers a detailed interpretation of the effect of the headline • presents a detailed explanation and interpretation of what the picture shows and its effect • links the picture and the headline to the text with perceptive comments • offers appropriate quotations or references to support comments third paragraph i would reward you 7 because you have shown offers perceptive explanations and interpretations of the thoughts and feelings expressed • employs appropriate quotations or references to support ideas but you didn't engage me as much fourth paragraph I never give students full 16 marks unless their work is perfect no grammatical mistakes and poor engagement however, you have proven me wrong! and you achieved that you offer a full and detailed understanding of the texts in relation to language • analyses how the writers have used language to achieve their effects • offers appropriate quotations in support of ideas with perceptive comments • focuses on comparison and cross-referencing in relation to language between the texts have shown fifth paragraph you have shown communicates in a way which is convincing, and increasingly compelling • form, content and style are consistently matched to purpose and audience, and becoming assuredly matched • engages the reader with structured and developed writing, with an increasingly wide range of integrated and complex details • writes in a formal way, employing a tone that is appropriately serious but also manipulative, subtle and increasingly abstract HOWEVER you didn't linguistic devices, such as the rhetorical question, hyperbole, irony and satire, in a consciously crafted way that is increasingly sustained so I would mark it 8 marks in total Paragraph 6 you had shown • uses complex grammatical structures and punctuation with success • organises writing using sentence demarcation accurately and good English but again you have given me lots of facts which didn't engage me so I would mark you down for that so 7 marks overall you had achieved 54 marks which grades to..... an A GRADE CONVERTED USING OFFICAL GRADE BOUNDARIES OF THAT YEAR 1 MARK OFF AN A* WELL DONE

If I did get an A in my exam in 2012 AQA English and a F in my coursework what would of i got overall?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.