Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I was just thinking about whether anyone's actually gotten away with inflating their grades on UCAS. Are universities able to check your grades with the exam board if you apply with achieved grades as opposed to predicted grades?

I know I know, it's fraudulent to do so, my application will get cancelled, my offers (if any) will be withdrawn etc. But I was just wondering if anybody has ever gotten away with it...

Thanks.

Disclaimer: I'm not considering doing it - I just wanted to know if anybody had done it and not been caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoogieWoogie97)
    Hey everyone. I was just thinking about whether anyone's actually gotten away with inflating their grades on UCAS. Are universities able to check your grades with the exam board if you apply with achieved grades as opposed to predicted grades?

I know I know, it's fraudulent to do so, my application will get cancelled, my offers (if any) will be withdrawn etc. But I was just wondering if anybody has ever gotten away with it...

Thanks.

Disclaimer: I'm not considering doing it - I just wanted to know if anybody had done it and not been caught.
    You will have to supply proof of your achieved grades by showing your certificates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    You will have to supply proof of your achieved grades by showing your certificates.
    Hi, thanks for replying.

So would this be after you had accepted an unconditional offer from them? Otherwise, you'd probably have to send copies to all five universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for replying.

So would this be after you had accepted an unconditional offer from them? Otherwise, you'd probably have to send copies to all five universities.
    You only have to prove it to the one you are actually going to. The others have no time to bother with people who aren't going to go there. Don't imagine you will be able to get away with it. Universities can, will and have got rid of fraudulent students at every stage of the process, up to graduation and beyond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    You only have to prove it to the one you are actually going to. The others have no time to bother with people who aren't going to go there. Don't imagine you will be able to get away with it. Universities can, will and have got rid of fraudulent students at every stage of the process, up to graduation and beyond.
    Alright, thanks. I wasn't planning to but okay. xD

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anybody else?
    Carnationlilyrose knows what she's talking about, there isn't really anything else to say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Carnationlilyrose knows what she's talking about, there isn't really anything else to say!
    Exactly

Anybody else?
    I'm not sure quite what you were trying to achieve here, but suffice it to say that yes you would get caught out at some point (and probably before you even got to the uni in question) and yes the consequences would be severe. That is the bottom line. It's not an issue worth discussing any further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Exactly

I'm not sure quite what you were trying to achieve here, but suffice it to say that yes you would get caught out at some point (and probably before you even got to the uni in question) and yes the consequences would be severe. That is the bottom line. It's not an issue worth discussing any further.
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Alright, I was just curious. Thanks for your responses.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.