The Student Room Group

What are some legitimate reasons for switching classes?

Resolved.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Bloody hell, those are my exact A2 subjects.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!
Bump! Anyone? :frown:
Original post by satanicwarmaster
Bump! Anyone? :frown:

You'll have been put into that class for timetabling reasons and they might not be solvable.
If you want to ask, ask quickly, before it's too late. And just said what you've said to us. Tell who ever is in charge of timetabling or Head of Sixth Form.
When you do tell them, point to the positives of the other teacher (I like his teaching, I think I'll get a better grade and that's what I want the most etc) rather than subtly badmouthing the other.
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Bump. Any more suggestions?
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Bump. Any more suggestions?

The sooner you speak to school the better
Why don't you try and address your issues as to why you don't seem to be learning a lot. Try and get the class majority on your side and just kindly tell him/her how you feel and how you would like to be taught. If he/she is unaware, then how can they improve?
Bump! More input would be appreciated. :redface:
Bump! More input would be appreciated. :redface:

As Carnation Lily Rose says, the decision will have been made when drawing up the timetable. It would probably help if you talked to someone about what can or cannot be done - for instance, if there is a limit on the class size, then you might find the only way to get into the other class would be to organise a swap. In terms of possible legitimate reasons, a regular medical appointment on Wed am might sway your school's decision, but I think it is unlikely that your balance between taught lessons and free study time on each school day would be seen as all that important?
Original post by Holmstock
As Carnation Lily Rose says, the decision will have been made when drawing up the timetable. It would probably help if you talked to someone about what can or cannot be done - for instance, if there is a limit on the class size, then you might find the only way to get into the other class would be to organise a swap. In terms of possible legitimate reasons, a regular medical appointment on Wed am might sway your school's decision, but I think it is unlikely that your balance between taught lessons and free study time on each school day would be seen as all that important?

I see. Thanks for your response.

Here's hoping there's no limit to the class size. Or else I'd have to suck it up and remain in my current class.
I see. Thanks for your response.

Here's hoping there's no limit to the class size. Or else I'd have to suck it up and remain in my current class.

It may be less to do with class sizes and more to do with option blocks. A timetable is a work of art, and it may simply not be possible to switch people around.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It may be less to do with class sizes and more to do with option blocks. A timetable is a work of art, and it may simply not be possible to switch people around.

Oh. I'm in the same option block as the class I'd like to transfer to.
Oh. I'm in the same option block as the class I'd like to transfer to.

Well, who can say? It may be that a teacher has even requested to have you/not have you in the class. If you don't get on with her, no doubt she has picked that up and she may help you on your way.

Quick Reply

Latest