Areas in which the NHS should improveWatch
(1) messing up complaints (according to some doctors i know, the complaints system might as well not exist)
the nhs doesnt take complaints seriously
i know the daily mail is right wing but the facts are still correct
(2) whistleblowers get bullied
(3) SOME rude staff who dont listen even re: serious problems and in worse case bully patients who are elderly/critically ill
(4) denying problems mentioned by jeremy hunt etc.
the nhs ignores problems, not just in responding to complaints/shutting up whistleblowers but also stuff like the selfies posted in response to Jeremy Hunt's saying that consultants should work longer. yes we all appreciate those doctors but most of those were junior doctors ffs.
(5) too many people/underfunding
the government should fund more
At my local NHS surgery they do. I had a blood test taken in 2013 which had to be retaken as apparently the file with my results (both online and the physical copy) got 'lost'. Eight months ago, I went in to my local hospital for a operation only to be sent home and told that they had accidentally confirmed that the operation was to go ahead: in reality they had no beds so I had to wait another 8 weeks. This seems to happen a lot to other people too. Cases of miscommunication that literally waste money and time.
How would you deal with those problems
Health and Social care i.e. Keeping people well in the community and looking after people with pre-existing conditions
The fact that health care varies so greatly over the course of the week and more people die at the weekend