Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    GUYS. I have no idea how to extract T and make it the subject. Which equation am I using and how am I to make T the subject ? I need help so bad right now. Thank you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 504undercover)
    GUYS. I have no idea how to extract T and make it the subject. Which equation am I using and how am I to make T the subject ? I need help so bad right now. Thank you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe v = u + at
    t = (v-u)/a

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you post the question please

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is the question?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just asking in general. does it matter what the question is ? I just literally haven't got a clue how to make T the subject of an equation ...or which equation to use. Pls help someone in need

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I would recommend writing out S U V A T on your paper, under them writing the value if it's known, an 'x' if it's not given and not of interest, and a '?' if it's what you're trying to find. Then you think of the equations and which one has everything you need.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just asking in general. does it matter what the question is ? I just literally haven't got a clue how to make T the subject of an equation ...or which equation to use. Pls help someone in need

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know how to rearrange algebraic equations?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1441914900.577066.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  73.2 KB Have I got this right ? I can't understand ...is it depending on the question which equation to use to make T the subject ?or can you use the same equation to find the value of T regardless of question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Do you know how to rearrange algebraic equations?
    Call me a thick **** but no I genuinely don't. I understand the other equations it's just when rearranging I get jumbled up. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Call me a thick **** but no I genuinely don't. I understand the other equations it's just when rearranging I get jumbled up. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok you are going to need to tackle this as you are going to really struggle with physics (I assume you are doing A-level). Are you doing maths? You're not a thick **** But you do need to learn how to do this if you are going to have a chance at physics.

When I was in sixth form the school provided some after school catch up lessons for 'maths for science' which gave people who were not doing maths or needed to catch up a fighting chance.

There are resources like this on the internet which help and I would consider asking for help from your teacher.

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/alg...ific-variables

ReputationRep:
    Like I'm fine with everything else and I'm barely struggling with maths. I know maths is still a struggle for me but I can do it and it doesn't take me long to figure it out ...my strong point has never been rearranging equations. And this SUVAT crap is just so annoying right now I just need an explanation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1441914900.577066.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  73.2 KB Have I got this right ? I can't understand ...is it depending on the question which equation to use to make T the subject ?or can you use the same equation to find the value of T regardless of question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there,

Using SUVAT it would depend on the question as to how to re-arrange for T as the subject. Reason being you could get given different variables for different questions, so you can't use the same formula.

For example, if you were given initial speed, final speed and distance travelled then you would need s=[(u+v)/2]t; however if you were given acceleration instead of distance then you would need v=u+at.

Hope that helps.

edit: If you're struggling in general with re-arranging equations then I have explained a bit about the principles of re-arranging equations here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3463387

ReputationRep:
    With what spotify said about (u+v)/2, when you have distance, initial velocity and final velocity you need to find the average of the velocities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    With what spotify said about (u+v)/2, when you have distance, initial velocity and final velocity you need to find the average of the velocities.
    That is correct. (u+v)/2 is basically finding the average of the velocities - then it's a case of (average) velocity = distance / time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.