The Student Room Group

Clothing Items Every Man Should Have

Ladies:

What specific items of clothing should every man own and wear as often as possible, if it was up to you?

What clothing items do you really like on a man?

If I was going to replenish my wardrobe this autumn, what clothing items should I purchase?

What's your favourite clothing retailer for men?
Underwear.
Don't take my word on this because I'm only a guy, but I did eavesdrop on a group conversation my girlfriend and her girls were having the other day and this topic came up. According to these girls (mostly middle-class London and Home Counties ladies around 21-24 years of age), apparently every man needs to own:

-Levis jeans
-Navy peacoat with scarf (preferably a peacoat from Jay Crew? What's Jay Crew?)
-Suede loafers or boat shoes.
-Cashmere jumper
-Crisp white collared shirt

I was surprised how specific they were in sartorial demands for their men. Two can play at that game. In my opinion, every WOMAN needs to wear a leather jacket. Thick leather biker jackets are best. Sexy.
a suit and tie
a leather or suede jacket or both
a crombie overcoat
a couple of designer collared shirts(i've got a gucci and a ysl as well as a collection of vibrant coloured silk pieces purple, lime green and gold)
a nice watch (michael kors is not nice a tag heuer, omega or longines is cheap or a patek or rolex and there are other brands but these are some of the recognisable ones)
a pair of leather shoes i like cuban heels
other quality jewellery (1-2 rings, a bracelet, a necklace in any precious metal(sterling silver, gold, platinum or palladium) with or without stones)
^none of the above

Quick Reply

Latest