Turn on thread page Beta

Clothing Items Every Man Should Have watch

Ladies:

What specific items of clothing should every man own and wear as often as possible, if it was up to you?

What clothing items do you really like on a man?

If I was going to replenish my wardrobe this autumn, what clothing items should I purchase?

What's your favourite clothing retailer for men?

ReputationRep:
    Underwear.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take my word on this because I'm only a guy, but I did eavesdrop on a group conversation my girlfriend and her girls were having the other day and this topic came up. According to these girls (mostly middle-class London and Home Counties ladies around 21-24 years of age), apparently every man needs to own:

-Levis jeans
    -Navy peacoat with scarf (preferably a peacoat from Jay Crew? What's Jay Crew?)
    -Suede loafers or boat shoes.
    -Cashmere jumper
    -Crisp white collared shirt

I was surprised how specific they were in sartorial demands for their men. Two can play at that game. In my opinion, every WOMAN needs to wear a leather jacket. Thick leather biker jackets are best. Sexy.

ReputationRep:
    a suit and tie
    a leather or suede jacket or both
    a crombie overcoat
    a couple of designer collared shirts(i've got a gucci and a ysl as well as a collection of vibrant coloured silk pieces purple, lime green and gold)
    a nice watch (michael kors is not nice a tag heuer, omega or longines is cheap or a patek or rolex and there are other brands but these are some of the recognisable ones)
    a pair of leather shoes i like cuban heels
    other quality jewellery (1-2 rings, a bracelet, a necklace in any precious metal(sterling silver, gold, platinum or palladium) with or without stones)

ReputationRep:
    ^none of the above

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.