Turn on thread page Beta

My girlfriend unfollowed me on Instagram! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my girlfriend for about six months. We're both 19.
    She admitted to me the other day that she's unfollowed me on Instagram, because when she looks on the activity of people she follows, I usually crop on it liking photos of models etc in bikinis or whatever.

Her reasoning is that she can't stop me liking those photos, but she hates seeing it so she decided to just stop following me. I feel like she's overreacted by unfollowing me, and I actually feel quite annoyed that it bothers her that much.

Do you think I should tell her she's being pathetic?

ReputationRep:
    No there's no point

Posted from TSR Mobile

If an unfollow from Instagram is making you question being with her, then I think you need to reevaluate the relationship you have.

I don't think she's being pathetic. I think she made the right decision, it would bother me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    If an unfollow from Instagram is making you question being with her, then I think you need to reevaluate the relationship you have.

It's not making me question the relationship, I just think it's pathetic that she unfollowed me for such a petty reason.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that deep, if you think it is you should break up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    I don't think she's being pathetic. I think she made the right decision, it would bother me too.
    But I'm only liking a photo? I like her photos as well. It's not as if I ignore her on instagram.

(Original post by Derphouse)
    It's not making me question the relationship, I just think it's pathetic that she unfollowed me for such a petty reason.
    Just leave it be then, it really doesn't matter. Don't think to much about it.

ReputationRep:
    No, I think that's good.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty funny that you are this bothered though.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you shouldn't have written comments on bikini girls' pics.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to end up breaking up with her, by all means call her pathetic.

It's not that much of a big deal m8, surely you can understand why she's uncomfortable with it? She did the right thing unfollowing you, means she doesn't have to see it and you can carry on as you are. She handled it fine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't think she's overreacting at all, i'd be a bit bothered by it as well if I was in her shoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derphouse)
    I've been with my girlfriend for about six months. We're both 19.
    She admitted to me the other day that she's unfollowed me on Instagram, because when she looks on the activity of people she follows, I usually crop on it liking photos of models etc in bikinis or whatever.

Her reasoning is that she can't stop me liking those photos, but she hates seeing it so she decided to just stop following me. I feel like she's overreacted by unfollowing me, and I actually feel quite annoyed that it bothers her that much.

Do you think I should tell her she's being pathetic?
    Tell her to get a grip and stop whining over something so trivial. That applies to you too. Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    It's not that deep. If anything you should just stop liking the photos man.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty reasonable to me

ReputationRep:
    She's not stopping you doing it, just stopping herself from seeing something which she knows isnt 'wrong' but makes her uncomfortable. I dont see how that's pathetic?
    What would be unreasonable is if she asked you to stop liking other girls photos (which we have plentyyy of pathetic threads about).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    She's not stopping you doing it, just stopping herself from seeing something which she knows isnt 'wrong' but makes her uncomfortable. I dont see how that's pathetic?
    What would be unreasonable is if she asked you to stop liking other girls photos (which we have plentyyy of pathetic threads about).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's pathetic because she shouldn't feel insecure about me liking some random girl's photo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asurat)
    It's not that deep. If anything you should just stop liking the photos man.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be liking other females photos! Your eyes should only be n your girlfriend. /

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.