The Student Room Group

My girlfriend unfollowed me on Instagram!

I've been with my girlfriend for about six months. We're both 19.
She admitted to me the other day that she's unfollowed me on Instagram, because when she looks on the activity of people she follows, I usually crop on it liking photos of models etc in bikinis or whatever.

Her reasoning is that she can't stop me liking those photos, but she hates seeing it so she decided to just stop following me. I feel like she's overreacted by unfollowing me, and I actually feel quite annoyed that it bothers her that much.

Do you think I should tell her she's being pathetic?

Scroll to see replies

No there's no point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
If an unfollow from Instagram is making you question being with her, then I think you need to reevaluate the relationship you have.
I don't think she's being pathetic. I think she made the right decision, it would bother me too.
Reply 4
Original post by aamirac
If an unfollow from Instagram is making you question being with her, then I think you need to reevaluate the relationship you have.

It's not making me question the relationship, I just think it's pathetic that she unfollowed me for such a petty reason.
Reply 5
It's not that deep, if you think it is you should break up.
Reply 6
Original post by littlenorthernlass
I don't think she's being pathetic. I think she made the right decision, it would bother me too.

But I'm only liking a photo? I like her photos as well. It's not as if I ignore her on instagram.
Reply 7
Original post by Derphouse
It's not making me question the relationship, I just think it's pathetic that she unfollowed me for such a petty reason.

Just leave it be then, it really doesn't matter. Don't think to much about it.
Reply 8
No, I think that's good.
Reply 9
Pretty funny that you are this bothered though.
Reply 10
Perhaps you shouldn't have written comments on bikini girls' pics.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you want to end up breaking up with her, by all means call her pathetic.

It's not that much of a big deal m8, surely you can understand why she's uncomfortable with it? She did the right thing unfollowing you, means she doesn't have to see it and you can carry on as you are. She handled it fine.
I don't think she's overreacting at all, i'd be a bit bothered by it as well if I was in her shoes.
Original post by Derphouse
I've been with my girlfriend for about six months. We're both 19.
She admitted to me the other day that she's unfollowed me on Instagram, because when she looks on the activity of people she follows, I usually crop on it liking photos of models etc in bikinis or whatever.

Her reasoning is that she can't stop me liking those photos, but she hates seeing it so she decided to just stop following me. I feel like she's overreacted by unfollowing me, and I actually feel quite annoyed that it bothers her that much.

Do you think I should tell her she's being pathetic?

Tell her to get a grip and stop whining over something so trivial. That applies to you too. Who cares?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
It's not that deep. If anything you should just stop liking the photos man.
Reply 15
Sounds pretty reasonable to me
She's not stopping you doing it, just stopping herself from seeing something which she knows isnt 'wrong' but makes her uncomfortable. I dont see how that's pathetic?
What would be unreasonable is if she asked you to stop liking other girls photos (which we have plentyyy of pathetic threads about).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by LiquidGold
She's not stopping you doing it, just stopping herself from seeing something which she knows isnt 'wrong' but makes her uncomfortable. I dont see how that's pathetic?
What would be unreasonable is if she asked you to stop liking other girls photos (which we have plentyyy of pathetic threads about).

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pathetic because she shouldn't feel insecure about me liking some random girl's photo
Reply 18
Original post by Asurat
It's not that deep. If anything you should just stop liking the photos man.

Why?
You shouldn't be liking other females photos! Your eyes should only be n your girlfriend. /

Latest