My girlfriend unfollowed me on Instagram!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Derphouse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been with my girlfriend for about six months. We're both 19.
She admitted to me the other day that she's unfollowed me on Instagram, because when she looks on the activity of people she follows, I usually crop on it liking photos of models etc in bikinis or whatever.

Her reasoning is that she can't stop me liking those photos, but she hates seeing it so she decided to just stop following me. I feel like she's overreacted by unfollowing me, and I actually feel quite annoyed that it bothers her that much.

Do you think I should tell her she's being pathetic?
TheGoldenBean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No there's no point

Posted from TSR Mobile
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
If an unfollow from Instagram is making you question being with her, then I think you need to reevaluate the relationship you have.
Maid Marian
Report 6 years ago
I don't think she's being pathetic. I think she made the right decision, it would bother me too.
Derphouse
Rep:
?
(Original post by aamirac)
If an unfollow from Instagram is making you question being with her, then I think you need to reevaluate the relationship you have.

It's not making me question the relationship, I just think it's pathetic that she unfollowed me for such a petty reason.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not that deep, if you think it is you should break up.
Derphouse
Rep:
?
(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
I don't think she's being pathetic. I think she made the right decision, it would bother me too.
But I'm only liking a photo? I like her photos as well. It's not as if I ignore her on instagram.
aamirac
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Derphouse)
It's not making me question the relationship, I just think it's pathetic that she unfollowed me for such a petty reason.
Just leave it be then, it really doesn't matter. Don't think to much about it.
llys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, I think that's good.
llys
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pretty funny that you are this bothered though.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Perhaps you shouldn't have written comments on bikini girls' pics.
RainbowKiwi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to end up breaking up with her, by all means call her pathetic.

It's not that much of a big deal m8, surely you can understand why she's uncomfortable with it? She did the right thing unfollowing you, means she doesn't have to see it and you can carry on as you are. She handled it fine.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think she's overreacting at all, i'd be a bit bothered by it as well if I was in her shoes.
SophisticatedSir
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Derphouse)
I've been with my girlfriend for about six months. We're both 19.
She admitted to me the other day that she's unfollowed me on Instagram, because when she looks on the activity of people she follows, I usually crop on it liking photos of models etc in bikinis or whatever.

Her reasoning is that she can't stop me liking those photos, but she hates seeing it so she decided to just stop following me. I feel like she's overreacted by unfollowing me, and I actually feel quite annoyed that it bothers her that much.

Do you think I should tell her she's being pathetic?
Tell her to get a grip and stop whining over something so trivial. That applies to you too. Who cares?
Asurat
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not that deep. If anything you should just stop liking the photos man.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds pretty reasonable to me
LiquidGold
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She's not stopping you doing it, just stopping herself from seeing something which she knows isnt 'wrong' but makes her uncomfortable. I dont see how that's pathetic?
What would be unreasonable is if she asked you to stop liking other girls photos (which we have plentyyy of pathetic threads about).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Derphouse
Rep:
?
(Original post by LiquidGold)
She's not stopping you doing it, just stopping herself from seeing something which she knows isnt 'wrong' but makes her uncomfortable. I dont see how that's pathetic?
What would be unreasonable is if she asked you to stop liking other girls photos (which we have plentyyy of pathetic threads about).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's pathetic because she shouldn't feel insecure about me liking some random girl's photo
Derphouse
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asurat)
It's not that deep. If anything you should just stop liking the photos man.
Why?
MylittlePlusle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You shouldn't be liking other females photos! Your eyes should only be n your girlfriend. /
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (18)
56.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (4)
12.5%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (4)
12.5%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.13%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
6.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
9.38%

Watched Threads