Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am a student from the US. I am studying abroad in the spring and University of Hertfordshire is one of my top choices. What is it like studying at Hertfordshire and living there? What are some good things to do, places to go, is the transportation good, is it easy to get to London what do you like best about the campus/university? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey , I can't comment on what it's like to study at Herts (I start a week Monday). However links to london are good , it's approx 25 minutes on the fast train to kings cross. Hatfield isn't to bad either, it has a good few pubs and places to eat, and the main club is at the university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi,

I am currently living in Hertfordshire but have never attended the university. My Dad completed his degree there and my brother is going into his 3rd year there so if you have any particular questions about studying there I can ask my brother for you.

Hertfordshire in itself is a pretty decent place. Obviously it hasn't got as much to here than in London but being a 25 minute train ride from Kings cross it isn't much of a problem. In terms of where the university is situated in Hertfordshire it is probably in the worst place. It's pretty much by the side of a motorway with not much else around it. There is a shopping centre with a cinema called the Galaeria which is just up the road but to be honest it's not that great. Welwyn Garden City is not far up the road but again it's not particularly exciting. In term of going out theres not really anywhere nearby aside from the forum (the club) and a bar on the campus itself. I've not really been out properly to there but my brother says it is average. Watford is pretty decent in terms of going out and St Albans is ok I have heard but it's only really financially viable if you've got a large group of you to split the taxi fare. Again you could always go out in London (Train it on the way then split a taxi fare on the way back).

The Bus network is pretty good in Hertfordshire but as I don't spend a great deal of time up in Hatfield I don't tend to get buses round there. Again if you are interested I can Ask my brother for his opinion.

Overall it's not really my cup of tea but m brother loves it there

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.