Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm gay, and my original intention was to go to a city university, as I feel like they are the places with the highest lgbt populations, and generally more diverse people. However I went to Keele's open day, and despite it being literally the opposite of what I'm looking for, I actually really liked it. So I was just wondering if Keele has a decent LGBT scene (LGBT soc, gay bars etc...), and also whether Keele has many qpoc?

It would also be cool to know if anyone from Keele feels like they've missed out on a 'city-life', as the university is so secluded?

ReputationRep:
    Can't speak for the gay scene, but I had friends who went to Stoke and they didn't really miss the city aspect. Newcastle under Lyme and Stoke are really close, and when I went both were decent nights out and nice enough places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanktankn)
    So I'm gay, and my original intention was to go to a city university, as I feel like they are the places with the highest lgbt populations, and generally more diverse people. However I went to Keele's open day, and despite it being literally the opposite of what I'm looking for, I actually really liked it. So I was just wondering if Keele has a decent LGBT scene (LGBT soc, gay bars etc...), and also whether Keele has many qpoc?

It would also be cool to know if anyone from Keele feels like they've missed out on a 'city-life', as the university is so secluded?
    I'm not personally a member, but the LGBT society have a page on facebook if you wanna take a look. I know quite a few gay people at Keele. I'm sure the society regularly organises nights out with fancy dress, trips out, stuff like that. Is gpoc gay persons of colour? Sorry if I sound ignorant haha, I've never been really interested in getting involved with the LGBT keele soc despite regarding myself as bi x) I'm 99% sure there's at least 2 gay bars in Hanley (the main city night out - there's absolutely tonnes of clubs there).

As for it being out of the way, I'm not entirely sure why people say that or get that impression. The uni itself is only a ten minute bus trip from a fairly big town, and 25 mins away on the bus is Hanley which is for all intents and purposes a city. It has a massive nightlife scene and every big high street retailer as well as the smaller ones. Hope this helps! I've been at Keele for 2 years, going into my third year, working in Hanley and living in Newcastle Under Lyme

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.