Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I suffer from anxiety and low mood, I'm currently on the waiting list to see a councillor but they said it may take weeks until there is an available place for me...

I keep getting really anxious lately (more than usual) and I think I know why.. It's mainly about things that are going to happen in the near future.. Big changes taking place in the next few weeks that I'm not comfortable with.. I can't stop thinking about them.. The thoughts start off small at first but dig and claw at me constantly, whirling around in my head until they're screaming at me and I can't escape them..

Ive always managed to deal with my anxiety but recently it's gotten very bad... I'm looking for advice on how any of you deal with your anxiety..

Thank you for reading this and thanks in advance for anyone who can help xx
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There's quite a few threads on this about so have a look and see what people have said on them. I find trying to isolate what it is about a situation and doing somehing to reduce this can help, for example if I'm worried about a train journey making sure I have tickets beforehand and know what changes, times and if possible platforms I need.

On a more general note, trying to distract myself from thinking about it too much. This is a lot easier said than done but things like listening to music, doing online jigsaws, reading (if my concentration's good enough) and takin the dog a walk or even just sitting with her can help me a lot.

I hope some of this helps a bit and you can get some more support soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.