Turn on thread page Beta

Historic physical abuse at a mosque. watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,

    I am looking for constructive advice and I am wi seeing if you can guide me.

    As a child my parents use to send me to the local mosque but when I attended the Imaan (several) use to beat the hell out of me by slapping me, beating me with sticks, bending me over and hitting me with shoes and sticks on my back and bottom.

    This went on for years I guess between the ages of 6 on wards until I got to high school. I told my parents about it but they didn't do anything about it as it was a culture and acceptanted in my community back in the 80's and 90's. My childhood was ruined as everynight I would cry and I always use to experience nightmares. I didn't have a voice and I felt alone.

    I stopped going to mosque by running away but my parents then use to find me and send me back. I resented my religion and the imaans who abused me and took my childhood away from me. I lost my innocence as a child.

    I am wondering if I should report this to the police as I don't have a closure in my mind. I don't know the names but I know the local mosque where the abuse use to take place. I can describe the men that use to abuse me. I don't want to be identified by the perpretrators.

    I don't need counselling or anything like that. I just want justice and raise awareness. I want to turn it into a positive. I wasn't sexually abused.

    I am sure you got lots of questions for me. Please advise?

    Read this yesterday

    So yeah, you should report it
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.