Turn on thread page Beta

Do you regard calling anyone other than your partner physically appealing to be watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    cheating?

I believe it is a form of cheating. I would be hurt if I found out that my partner was calling another male physically appealing.. It would make me feel ugly.

I feel the same about liking/commenting on photos of men/women on Facebook and related sites. t's not right to do that ether.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it. Whether its technically cheating or not, its certainly disrespectful.

No.... but that doesn't mean it's not very hurtful. Should keep thoughts like that to yourself. :sadnod: No one wants to hear about how their boyfriend finds another lady gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    It can be hurtful and make me feel insecure, but it's not cheating nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. People will always find others attracticeneven when in a relationship. Guess it only hurts when they voice it in front of their partners with is a bit untasteful.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, get over yourself!

you really think you're the only person your boy/girlfriend finds attractive? that's delusional..

ReputationRep:
    also, what about calling friends attractive to boost confidence, etc?
    so as soon as you're in a relationship, you don't like any of your friends photos or comment on them? that's a little weird.

you're coming across to me as overly possessive

ReputationRep:
    I don't class it as cheating.

I'm sure plenty of people find other people attractive when they're in a relationship with someone, whether it be someone on TV or someone you walk past in the street.
    I wouldn't tell my boyfriend that I found other people attractive, not would I tell guys they were attractive if I was in a relationship.

I think there's harmlessly finding someone attractive and there's finding someone attractive and acting on it...

ReputationRep:
    No. Its one thing to look at someone and appreciate their looks and finding them attractive and then checking them out with the intension of pursuing them while you're in a relationship.

Looking at anyone is fine. Its the minute to decide to follow up on it that it becomes cheating. Its immature and naive to believe that once you are in a relationship you stop finding other people hot. You will still find people hot, they just won't have that special something that your partner has and that's what matters.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danavfc96)
    also, what about calling friends attractive to boost confidence, etc?
    so as soon as you're in a relationship, you don't like any of your friends photos or comment on them? that's a little weird.

you're coming across to me as overly possessive
    I don't call my friends physically appealing, they've got their partners for that.
    I don't like my friends' photos or even go onto their walls or anything like that.

I don't think it's fair on your partner if you like other people's photos or comment as I said, it could hurt them.

ReputationRep:
    It's not something I would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    I don't call my friends physically appealing, they've got their partners for that.
    I don't like my friends' photos or even go onto their walls or anything like that.

I don't think it's fair on your partner if you like other people's photos or comment as I said, it could hurt them.
    No offence but you seem very, very insecure. I mean liking someone else's pictures on social media? Seriously? To be honest, if you're confident about yourself as a partner, that you are a good one who communicates well with your girlfriend/boyfriend, I don't see how it should be a problem. If you trust them especially, this should not be a problem. If my boyfriend was liking other women's photos on Facebook I couldn't care less because I know it's harmless. There's nothing wrong with noticing other people's beauty and attractiveness. Heck, I'd probably be that girlfriend that looks at the beautiful lady with him saying she was pretty. Your partner is human, them calling others attractive should be a good thing to you. It shows though they notice all of these attractive guys or girls, they don't want them, they are here with you instead. I will not expect my boyfriend to stop finding other women attractive, he has eyes and so do I. Be confident. The only time I would feel that he is cheating is if tried to get another lady's phone number or tries to court her if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth is that cheating? Being in a relationship doesn't suddenly make you blind!

But yes, it would be pretty insensitive to say that to your partner when there's really no need, just keep those thoughts to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    cheating?

I believe it is a form of cheating. I would be hurt if I found out that my partner was calling another male physically appealing.. It would make me feel ugly.

I feel the same about liking/commenting on photos of men/women on Facebook and related sites. t's not right to do that ether.
    Definitely not a form of cheating, and if you believe it to be, you are probably never going to be happy in a relationship. Either that or you are happy being delusional and lying to yourself.
    OBVIOUSLY we find other people attractive. My boyfriend and I are open and honest about it. If you think for one second that once you get into a relationship you are never attracted to anyone else you are mistaken/need to grow up.

ReputationRep:
    nah. If you can't sit in front of the TV with your gf and both comment on who's hot and who's not then it's a pretty crappy relationship imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    No offence but you seem very, very insecure. I mean liking someone else's pictures on social media? Seriously? To be honest, if you're confident about yourself as a partner, that you are a good one who communicates well with your girlfriend/boyfriend, I don't see how it should be a problem. If you trust them especially, this should not be a problem. If my boyfriend was liking other women's photos on Facebook I couldn't care less because I know it's harmless. There's nothing wrong with noticing other people's beauty and attractiveness. Heck, I'd probably be that girlfriend that looks at the beautiful lady with him saying she was pretty. Your partner is human, them calling others attractive should be a good thing to you. It shows though they notice all of these attractive guys or girls, they don't want them, they are here with you instead. I will not expect my boyfriend to stop finding other women attractive, he has eyes and so do I. Be confident. The only time I would feel that he is cheating is if tried to get another lady's phone number or tries to court her if that makes sense.
    (Original post by pmprin)
    Definitely not a form of cheating, and if you believe it to be, you are probably never going to be happy in a relationship. Either that or you are happy being delusional and lying to yourself.
    OBVIOUSLY we find other people attractive. My boyfriend and I are open and honest about it. If you think for one second that once you get into a relationship you are never attracted to anyone else you are mistaken/need to grow up.
    I've never been called pshyically appealing by anyone so the idea of a romantic partner calling someone other than me physically appealing is heartbreaking
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    nah. If you can't sit in front of the TV with your gf and both comment on who's hot and who's not then it's a pretty crappy relationship imo.
    I wouldn't ever dream of doing that with a romantic partner. It would hurt me too much to do that

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. Many people are attractive, and no matter who you are some of them are going to be more attractive than you or your partner. I don't see why being in a relationship means you need to be oblivious to that fact. Me and my girlfriend both comment on attractive people of either sex.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been called pshyically appealing by anyone so the idea of a romantic partner calling someone other than me physically appealing is heartbreaking

I wouldn't ever dream of doing that with a romantic partner. It would hurt me too much to do that
    Are you serious? Not even by a romantic partner? Now I understand why you feel this way if that's the case. It's ok, it doesn't mean you are unattractive. Everyone is attractive and unattractive to someone and I'm not saying this to sound patronising but it's very true- I mean people who you think are very attractive would be unattractive to someone else because attractiveness is very subjective as it's influenced by many factors such as culture, the influence of the media etc. But not to go off the subject, I hope your girlfriend is attracted to you, not just physically but in many other forms too and tells you often that you are appreciated.
    I know this may sound corny but sometimes we need that reinsurance, we need to be told because often what people tell us about ourselves, we listen to and believe. I guess you need to be told by her that you are attractive, sexy and wanted. It's not a bad thing, I mean if my boyfriend felt the way you did, I will try to tell him almost everyday things like 'baby do you even know how handsome you are? My goodness I want you' Lol just so he knows my eyes are set on him. It has to be genuine though. And if he asked me do I find other men attractive, I will be honest and say yes but I don't those men- there's a reason why I'd be with only him and no one else. Please be confident If you have a girlfriend who loves and appreciates you, it doesn't matter if she finds other men attractive. This is coming from another female.

ReputationRep:
    definitely not cheating, but it can be hurtful if they make comments about it I guess.

ReputationRep:
    don't you ever watch a movie or a show on tv and say oh that actress is hot? why don't you voice your opinions aswell?

at the end of the day shes going out with you and she must find you appealing if you are together.

my friends who are in a relationship do it all the time in front of their partner and always say 'he's good looking go talk to him' its all superficial stuff not like the deep meaningful relationship you have.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.