Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if Edinburgh accepts A level re-takes as my grades in As were pretty average , below average?, but that was purely because i didn't work hard enough. I have now come into year 13 with the motivation to work hard and I am definitely sure i can get better grades this time around. This being said so you think Edinburgh would even consider me if i re-took some of my As modules?

ReputationRep:
    For my course they say 'AAA required in one sitting' (for direct entry to second year because I'm English, but the one sitting applies to first year entry too). I'm quite worried about this because I would love to do my chemistry degree in Edinburgh - I'm going to phone them up and ask because what's the harm in trying? I did worse than expected in my physics last year (got a high C when I was expecting an A) but I'm confident that with retakes I can up my grades. Sorry that I'm not much help but at least you know that other people are in the same boat I guess??

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.