Turn on thread page Beta

Record player at university? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

Planning on having a record player at uni, I am in halls single room. There are noise restrictions which I am aware of so obviously will stick to those.

I was wondering if it was socially acceptable to bring one? I am not one of those that believe it sounds better or be pretentious about it. I enjoy owning the music physically (and you can't get more physical than vinyls) as well as the digital copies we have and i also find them relaxing.

Was just wondering if it wasn't a bad idea to take?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There's not really a question of social acceptability, some might think of you as a bit weird/pretentious for having a record player rather than an iPod dock/cd player but they're fine to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You might want to consider just how much spare space you expect to have. Uni accommodation tends not to be so spacious as to allow for a 3:1 album to shelf ratio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    There's not really a question of social acceptability, some might think of you as a bit weird/pretentious for having a record player rather than an iPod dock/cd player but they're fine to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess I will have to tell them how much better vinyls are than their silly digital music then :/

(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    You might want to consider just how much spare space you expect to have. Uni accommodation tends not to be so spacious as to allow for a 3:1 album to shelf ratio.
    Not a bad point, I will go and see if there is space for it first then before bringing it

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.