Turn on thread page Beta

Logic (rapper) (Hip Hop) watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard of Logic? Literally none of my friends know or ever heard of him. Just wondering

EDIT : Not Logic (UK), i'm talking about Logic AKA Young Sinatra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sneakerhead)
    Anyone heard of Logic? Literally none of my friends know or ever heard of him. Just wondering
    Yeah he's awesome one of my favourite rappers. I managed to get a few of my friends into him you should try lol. Have u seen him live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepisheaven)
    Yeah he's awesome one of my favourite rappers. I managed to get a few of my friends into him you should try lol. Have u seen him live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah man i'm hoping he tours back in UK again, hyped for his next album 😁

ReputationRep:
    Nah man i'm hoping he tours back in UK again, hyped for his next album 😁
    Yeah if he does I reckon il go to as many shows as I can to make up for missing the under pressure show, he came to Birmingham (where I live) and I couldn't go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yea he's pretty good. I find myself getting a bit bored of him sometimes though

how would you rank his mixtapes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    yea he's pretty good. I find myself getting a bit bored of him sometimes though

how would you rank his mixtapes?
    Welcome to forever
    Undeniable
    Young Sinatra
    Young broke & infamous

Gradually got better although I feel like under pressure could've been better I still loved it tho. How would you rank them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to forever
    Undeniable
    Young Sinatra
    Young broke & infamous

Gradually got better although I feel like under pressure could've been better I still loved it tho. How would you rank them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say:
    Undeniable
    Welcome To Forever
    Young Sinatra
    Young Broke & Infamous

Some of the lines in welcome to forever were quite repetitive, but i still love it tho

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to forever
    Undeniable
    Young Sinatra
    Young broke & infamous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Undeniable
    Welcome to Forever
    Young Sinatra
    Young Broke & Infamous.

He has some chill stand alone songs in Young Sinatra but he did get better in Undeniable. I'm not sure where I'd place Under pressure in that list if I had to. Maybe second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Undeniable
    Welcome to Forever
    Young Sinatra
    Young Broke & Infamous.

He has some chill stand alone songs in Young Sinatra but he did get better in Undeniable. I'm not sure where I'd place Under pressure in that list if I had to. Maybe second.
    If i were to list all of his projects, under pressure would be #1

ReputationRep:
    This is the white one yeah- not the black, more meaningful one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    This is the white one yeah- not the black, more meaningful one?
    Mixed,and i dont get why people still compare both, i mean they're two different type of rappers, one can't be better than the other. Theres music for different types of people

ReputationRep:
    Mixed,and i dont get why people still compare both, i mean they're two different type of rappers, one can't be better than the other. Theres music for different types of people
    I'm not too fond of the voice of the Logic that you're all on about; I much prefer the Logic of GlobalFaction.

I've never heard of anyone compare those two- similar to what you said before, it's hard enough to find people that know of one of them, so even harder to find people who know of them both.

ReputationRep:
    I have.

Most people in the uk rap scene I find pretty nauseating to listen to. Just listening to pure obnoxious arrogance.
    especially now.

something thats become popular is this "radical rap" so like lowkey, akala, logic and english frank.

i feel like they're all tryna hit that dead prez/immortal technique/ice t kinda vibe.

ice t was very revolutionary and gangster.
    he was great at conveying his experience without sounding like an arrogant condescending ego maniac. listening to ice t is like listening to a brother rather than a messiah .

dead prez again did really well with conveying a street style revolutionary message without seeming like guys who like the sound of their own voice more than they like learning new things.

but ice t is one of a kind i mean he basically invented gangster rap.

dead prez made 2 good albums n their 3rd one completely sold out n sounded terrible. i don't know what they were thinking.

then immortal technique is pretty much mostly revolutionary without much gangster stuff.

but it tends to go into illuminati conspiracy tin foil hat territory. immortal technique is like if ice cube n alex jones had a baby.

lowkey was good but he left rap for whatever reason. i guess to be more revolutionary or something.
    akala became the walking essence of a smug hippy. the kinda person that gives you a patronising smirk because you say you like kfc.
    akala didn't used to be smug like that he did manage to walk that thin line between spitting wisdom without being an arrogant lecturer. but sadly he slipped up n ended up on the arrogant side.
    english frank has a few good moments but he tries a bit too hard to be hard and threatning and then he said those racist comments which pretty much ruined his revolutionary credentials.
    so that just leaves logic. but logic doesn't have a lot of variety. its all revolution revolution. n it gets a little boring to listen to consistently.
    like i can't just throw a playlist of Logic on. it gets too much after a bit.
    plus logic is pretty awful at promoting himself but maybe he's not tryna be a big face on your tv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick.w)
    lowkey was good but he left rap for whatever reason. i guess to be more revolutionary or something.
    akala became the walking essence of a smug hippy. the kinda person that gives you a patronising smirk because you say you like kfc.
    akala didn't used to be smug like that he did manage to walk that thin line between spitting wisdom without being an arrogant lecturer. but sadly he slipped up n ended up on the arrogant side.
    english frank has a few good moments but he tries a bit too hard to be hard and threatning and then he said those racist comments which pretty much ruined his revolutionary credentials.
    so that just leaves logic. but logic doesn't have a lot of variety. its all revolution revolution. n it gets a little boring to listen to consistently.
    like i can't just throw a playlist of Logic on. it gets too much after a bit.
    plus logic is pretty awful at promoting himself but maybe he's not tryna be a big face on your tv.
    I think they're talking about the other Logic.

Lowkey went to study somewhere, didn't he? Hence his leave.
    I've heard people mention Mic Righteous start to creep up into the group that you describe. What do you think of that?

ReputationRep:
    Young sinatra and welcome to forever were dope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    I think they're talking about the other Logic.

Lowkey went to study somewhere, didn't he? Hence his leave.
    I've heard people mention Mic Righteous start to creep up into the group that you describe. What do you think of that?
    oh right lol. serves me right for not reading the whole thread.

but i'll check mic righteous out. i've been kinda out of touch with that whole scene for a long time but still drift by from time to time. the last thing i heard that i liked that stood out to me was jun tzu. so thats quite a while ago lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick.w)
    oh right lol. serves me right for not reading the whole thread.

but i'll check mic righteous out. i've been kinda out of touch with that whole scene for a long time but still drift by from time to time. the last thing i heard that i liked that stood out to me was jun tzu. so thats quite a while ago lol.
    So what are your opinions on Logic? (US)

ReputationRep:
    So what are your opinions on Logic? (US)
    ain't heard him yet g. too many rappes called logic.

ReputationRep:
    Bruv that's soo weird I literally was just listening to him. Ima be honest though his flow is drozy like Lowkey. The only time I hear him is on like Lowkey's albums tho. Mic Righteous is who i'm lisnin to the most atm. I don't really like grime I just don't get it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Bruv that's soo weird I literally was just listening to him. Ima be honest though his flow is drozy like Lowkey. The only time I hear him is on like Lowkey's albums tho. Mic Righteous is who i'm lisnin to the most atm. I don't really like grime I just don't get it lol
    Wrong Logic again.
    Is the continuing case of mistaken identity between the two starting to ruin the thread?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.