Dan2194
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi had my DSA assessment today and I got a email from them saying what we agreed etc , it was all wrong, with lots of mistakes any way I am so distressed about it , and it pushed me over the edge, I give up with all of this, I sick of useless so called professional people. It list things we didn't even discuss , such a a laptop stand. and not things we did discuss such as a digital recorded was not listed I said no to some consents and they all say yes, and no travel even though I told them I need travel support. I have been treated like a joke. I am quitting the iuni and I am going to cancel the student finance to.
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
woahhhhh, calm down

Don't cancel your student finance and quit uni just yet! Can you contact your universities student support department and ask them to help you get it sorted? If not try and ring/reply to DSA yourself and explain what you think is wrong with their recommendations and what you think you need.

x
donotstopme95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dan2194)
Hi had my DSA assessment today and I got a email from them saying what we agreed etc , it was all wrong, with lots of mistakes any way I am so distressed about it , and it pushed me over the edge, I give up with all of this, I sick of useless so called professional people. It list things we didn't even discuss , such a a laptop stand. and not things we did discuss such as a digital recorded was not listed I said no to some consents and they all say yes, and no travel even though I told them I need travel support. I have been treated like a joke. I am quitting the iuni and I am going to cancel the student finance to.
Mate i know how you feel, all the so called professionals don't really care about their job . It annoys me. The majority too but there are a lot that just don't give a crap and are just trying to get the process/ application done as quickly as possible....
Mee00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Student finance is very stressful
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OK, just dial it down a little. If your report is that wrong, the chances are it's just a simple mistake and they've muddled your form up with that of another candidate.

Just contact your assessment centre tomorrow, explain the problem and ask them to check. It might take ten minutes to sort out - don't throw away your uni place.
Holmstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Deep breath!

Go through the email with a fine tooth comb and make your amendments. Send it back to them for their confirmation of the changes.

This happens frequently in the real world. Making a written record of a conversation is precisely what is needed to identify any differences of opinion on what had been said, and means that both parties can go over it again until you are both agreed.

Never let a written record stand if it has errors in it, even if you are not going to go ahead.
Dan2194
Rep:
?
(Original post by donotstopme95)
Mate i know how you feel, all the so called professionals don't really care about their job . It annoys me. The majority too but there are a lot that just don't give a crap and are just trying to get the process/ application done as quickly as possible....
I have cancelled the student finance.
fw1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please try and amend the report before taking drastic action.
The process is stressful I agree.
I had the chance to read my draft assessment report and did get changes made before the report was submitted. The assessment centre were fine making the changes when I contacted them and sent me a redrafted version before they sent it in.
Please at least try and get a report that you are in agreement with and which fully reflects your assessment meeting discussion before giving up on uni.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the OP has a right to be upset. Who wants to take on a huge burden of debt when the Government and society as a whole has been scapegoating us for the last 5 years.

First it was a whole re-sort of ESA & DLA. Then it was the soon to be the end of DSA. Now ESA WRAG is cut by 30%. What next? Lord Freud getting his way and cutting disabled peoples min-wage to £2 a hour?

I think we need to band together more as disabled students and if not we face extinction from University campuses.

What am I talking about? Well we need to make people aware of the costs of being a disabled student and those of us who are privileged like myself should sponsor someone who is less fortunate.

One of us might loose our job one day and be on the same sanction regime as one of our peers. We need to lift each other up because the majority of able bodied people have turned their backs on us.

What things do you need to enable you to do you course?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you explain why you needed things like travel support?
Butterfly92xo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Calm down! It is a minor error. Ring the assessment unit again and try and get another assessment. I had another one in order to get a note taker for second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Klix88
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
I think the OP has a right to be upset.
I agree, but in this instance they seem to have thrown away their future at uni without ascertaining whether there's been a simple human error which could take ten minutes to resolve.

I appreciate that this is probably the latest in years of barriers and difficulties for the OP, but in this case they may have acted hastily and cut off their nose to spite their face. We have enough nonsense to deal with on a day-to-day basis, but very occasionally we can see conspiracy and discrimination when a more simple explanation might be the case. We need to remain able to look for the quick fixes.
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a fact of life that some people, some times, get things wrong. Having a hissy fit the first time it happens and throwing away a place at university is stupid. OP - phone them up to discuss it and see how that goes.
Mee00
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It can all be resolved im disabled myself and i have had a dsa assessment before its okay but had to sent my entitlement letter back to student finacne because i changed university and course last minute now im just waiting for everything to be approved.... I have a question .... Can i study full time and be on esa at the same time?
Dan2194
Rep:
?
ts
Mee00
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks Dan 😘
Dan2194
Rep:
?
Mee00
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If Dan doesnt want to go to university its his choice and no one elses!!! So respect his decision and shut up about it go do something good with your life and stop putting someone down 😀😀
Klix88
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My application to the university has been withdrawn.
I'm so sorry - that's such a shame.

Cancelling your SF application and withdrawing your uni application might have taken longer than resolving the problem. But now you'll never know.

I hope you feel like trying again at some point in the future. Goid luck with whatever you decide.
Dan2194
Rep:
?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (53)
6.13%
Uncertainty around my education (98)
11.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (90)
10.4%
Lack of purpose or motivation (106)
12.25%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (42)
4.86%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (46)
5.32%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (97)
11.21%
Financial worries (60)
6.94%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.62%
Exposure to negative news/social media (55)
6.36%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
2.89%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (84)
9.71%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (69)
7.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise