PHiL - 22 Days to go till RESULTS DAY!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
PHiLs Best Mate
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Are u looking forward to it mate ? lol - well i put ur name in the topic to obviously get ur attention...................mate u say u have finished ur first year......well iv been reading your posts...and i must say impressed with the amount of knowledge you have especially in areas of education. You seem to know wat u want out of life and which path to take by the sounds of things, which iz a big Thumbs up! Well Done.
btw u peepz nervous?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
phil will no doubt post his weekly countdown on thursday! yep, im getting a bit nervous now
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry about the delay guys, but my web crashed, but yeah, I am worried.

Phil
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you guys tried NOT thinking about results day until say the night before, or at least the week before. I h8 this waiting. I just want to get this over and done with. Yeah, I was wondering where the countdown was.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree, the waiting process is horrible. I'm in france on holiday at the moment, and found out that the french get the results for the equivalent of ALevels before the summer holidays, and so know there and then if they got into their uni or not.

Phil
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know, it's soooo horrible, because at this stage you don't even know if you're worthy of Oxbridge and there's so many mixed feelings. I hate the wait!! My parents are promising to buy me this and that when i get my results - the pressure makes me even worse!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I mean for me, these results will decide as to whether there's any point in even continuig to thing of oxford,LSE, King's etc., or to start looking at Oxford Brookes etc!!!!!

PHIL
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Oxford Brookes is... well, not bad.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
At least it's not a uni like Thames Valley.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
For those of you awaiting AS level results don't get stressed! You can always resit next year when doing A levels if results are not what you want. When filling in UCAS application you do not have to record results of AS's unless you are cashing them in. Offers are not made by top universities based on AS results only, they are interested in full A levels and you only need 3 - honestly, even to get an offer from Oxbridge (they need to be good though). Only people who are really entitled to be stressing at the moment are those waiting A level results! So fret not any others.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What situation you in, what have you just sat, and at what level?

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Have just finished A2's in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, AS in English and German plus Step 11 and 111, also AEA'a in Maths and Physics. I have an offer from Trinity, Cambridge for AAB in Maths, Further Maths and Physics and 2's in step 11 and 111. They were not interested in AS's only if they're relevant to Mathematics which I hope to read. My insurance is Bath ABB. Don't know if I'll make either so I'm really stressed.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good luck m8, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Phil
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I suppose people doing A2's will have a fair estimate of what they'll get due to offers, predicted grades and last year's performance. With AS's, we're just thrown into the deep end and have no idea how good we are!! I for one, am doing a new subject etc. so it's very hard to expect anything!
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm nervous, too, about my GCSE results.

What is it like going into school to get them? Did anyone throw up? I know I'm end up throwing up.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The annoying thing is that the longer the wait, the more time you have to think what could have gone wrong, and what could have gone right. Then you have all the what-ifs. And really, for us A2 students, the pressure is really on, especially on the day. If you miss a grade, you have to make sure that you ring up immediately to see if you've got a place. The problem is, won't there be a lot of people ringing up the unis. Therefore, how difficault would it be to confirm your place, and are we going to be disadvantaged because of this. Still think it's unfair that people in some places (Scotland?) get their results before us, and have a better chance with the unis.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
When I got my GCSE results, I was slightly nervous, but I planned to take them home and open them up in front of my family. I started cycling home when curiousity got the better of me. I opened up the envelope and looked at the grades - which were terrible. So, I then had to cycle back to school and sign up for a one-year GNVQ Intermediate course.

The thing to remember is, GCSEs aren't that important long term. With the exception of Maths and English, they're just stepping stones that be taken again and again and again.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
For those of you awaiting AS level results don't get stressed! You can always resit next year when doing A levels if results are not what you want. When filling in UCAS application you do not have to record results of AS's unless you are cashing them in.
Eh? College told us we had to put ours down.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I have made a pack with 2 other friends. We're going to arrive at nine o'clock and opening them together in the school hall (where they are handing them out).

Each of us are bring a pack of tissues.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Nylex
Eh? College told us we had to put ours down.
On my university application, I had to put down the U grade I got in General Studies.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (294)
34.23%
No (565)
65.77%

Watched Threads