The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Can you change accommodation once you have started?

Say you get in a massive fight with your flatmates or something, what happens?
Original post by lachachacha
Say you get in a massive fight with your flatmates or something, what happens?

You are in a slightly tricky situation because some of the terms of your contract mean that you can end up "locked into" payments even if you move out. Accommodation reps are very helpful in this sort of situation and they might be able to help you organise a swap.

If it is serious enough, see if you can get some shelter elsewhere while the whole thing gets sorted out.

Do speak to someone who help, asap.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Holmstock
You are in a slightly tricky situation because some of the terms of your contract mean that you can end up "locked into" payments even if you move out. Accommodation reps are very helpful in this sort of situation and they might be able to help you organise a swap.

If it is serious enough, see if you can get some shelter elsewhere while the whole thing gets sorted out.

Do speak to someone who help, asap.

Thank you ☺️ I'm not actually in this situation atm, but I'm just worried it'll happen when I start !
Original post by lachachacha
Thank you ☺️ I'm not actually in this situation atm, but I'm just worried it'll happen when I start !

Ah, ok. Hopefully not, but it is useful to have plan B ready!

Hope you have an excellent time.
If you're in halls they'll try and get you a new room, I've seen people be moved because of something as minor as their accommodation being inconvenient for their sports commitments so if you fall out with your flatmates you'll almost certainly get a new room if there's one available (although as an addendum it does get more difficult later on in the year, your best bet is within the first couple of months. from what I've seen it's also more difficult to change if you're in City but this may be different this year given how many people are in city nominated). If you're renting from a landlord you'll need to find someone to take over your contract or you'll have to pay the remaining costs, semester abroad students are probably the best ones to look for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending