Edge membership at registration Watch

lmnpp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I was registering my place and annoyingly the fourth place advertises the edge membership, saying that it's cheaper to buy the membership now. Unfortunately, there's no evidence of price until the final page ( after you click on 'buy now' and entered your details). I decided not to and will purchase it some other time. For me the joining fee was £20 and monthly membership was around £26 with premium £31. There's no info on difference between the memberships either so I declined

How much did everyone else pay? And what's the difference between the two memberships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
samyz123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Edge membership normally comes free with university accommodation, thats what i got. The normal membership, as far as i know, has full access to the gym but only from 6:30am to 12:00 or from 2:00pm to 4:00pm . I haven't actually checked, but im guessing the premium gives you all hours access and maybe some accessory stuff like sauna or whatever (the usual stuff). I'd say if you dont already get it for free then you should look elsewhere. My friends bought membership for another gym for only £9 a month which would save you a hefty amount of money!
lmnpp
Rep:
?
(Original post by samyz123)
Edge membership normally comes free with university accommodation, thats what i got. The normal membership, as far as i know, has full access to the gym but only from 6:30am to 12:00 or from 2:00pm to 4:00pm . I haven't actually checked, but im guessing the premium gives you all hours access and maybe some accessory stuff like sauna or whatever (the usual stuff). I'd say if you dont already get it for free then you should look elsewhere. My friends bought membership for another gym for only £9 a month which would save you a hefty amount of money!
Thanks, I thought it was expensive (£20 joining fee as well!), and weirdly no explanation as to what each membership is, I'm cynical about these pushy advertising techniques. Which is this cheaper gym?

Posted from TSR Mobile
samyz123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lmnpp)
Thanks, I thought it was expensive (£20 joining fee as well!), and weirdly no explanation as to what each membership is, I'm cynical about these pushy advertising techniques. Which is this cheaper gym?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not too sure, ill ask my friends.
emlaar97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you pay for a year it's £179 with no joining fee for standard membership. Ive looked at some other gyms - The Gym and Pure Gym and they pale into insignificance compared to the facilities at The Edge. Two good things about The Gym though is that it's open 24/7 and you pay £16 per month with no contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lorn.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was under the impression it's free and included in with your rent when you live in university accomodation.
emlaar97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lorn.)
I was under the impression it's free and included in with your rent when you live in university accomodation.
It's included with most accommodation, not all
lorn.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah right well i think its included in places like the tannery and oxely where I was looking
letsgetphysical
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lmnpp)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think the uni should be advertising the edge during the registration. What has gym membership *really* got to do with joining a university degree course officially by registering. :/ just the uni trying to generate more money, I guess. Sad really.
lmnpp
Rep:
?
(Original post by letsgetphysical)
I don't think the uni should be advertising the edge during the registration. What has gym membership *really* got to do with joining a university degree course officially by registering. :/ just the uni trying to generate more money, I guess. Sad really.
Yes it's very cheeky especially the way it doesn't give a price till the very last page, after you give all your details.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.37%
No I am happy with my course choice (464)
58.73%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (113)
14.3%

Watched Threads