Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was registering my place and annoyingly the fourth place advertises the edge membership, saying that it's cheaper to buy the membership now. Unfortunately, there's no evidence of price until the final page ( after you click on 'buy now' and entered your details). I decided not to and will purchase it some other time. For me the joining fee was £20 and monthly membership was around £26 with premium £31. There's no info on difference between the memberships either so I declined

How much did everyone else pay? And what's the difference between the two memberships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Edge membership normally comes free with university accommodation, thats what i got. The normal membership, as far as i know, has full access to the gym but only from 6:30am to 12:00 or from 2:00pm to 4:00pm . I haven't actually checked, but im guessing the premium gives you all hours access and maybe some accessory stuff like sauna or whatever (the usual stuff). I'd say if you dont already get it for free then you should look elsewhere. My friends bought membership for another gym for only £9 a month which would save you a hefty amount of money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samyz123)
    Edge membership normally comes free with university accommodation, thats what i got. The normal membership, as far as i know, has full access to the gym but only from 6:30am to 12:00 or from 2:00pm to 4:00pm . I haven't actually checked, but im guessing the premium gives you all hours access and maybe some accessory stuff like sauna or whatever (the usual stuff). I'd say if you dont already get it for free then you should look elsewhere. My friends bought membership for another gym for only £9 a month which would save you a hefty amount of money!
    Thanks, I thought it was expensive (£20 joining fee as well!), and weirdly no explanation as to what each membership is, I'm cynical about these pushy advertising techniques. Which is this cheaper gym?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmnpp)
    Thanks, I thought it was expensive (£20 joining fee as well!), and weirdly no explanation as to what each membership is, I'm cynical about these pushy advertising techniques. Which is this cheaper gym?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not too sure, ill ask my friends.

ReputationRep:
    If you pay for a year it's £179 with no joining fee for standard membership. Ive looked at some other gyms - The Gym and Pure Gym and they pale into insignificance compared to the facilities at The Edge. Two good things about The Gym though is that it's open 24/7 and you pay £16 per month with no contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression it's free and included in with your rent when you live in university accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorn.)
    I was under the impression it's free and included in with your rent when you live in university accomodation.
    It's included with most accommodation, not all

ReputationRep:
    Ah right well i think its included in places like the tannery and oxely where I was looking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmnpp)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think the uni should be advertising the edge during the registration. What has gym membership *really* got to do with joining a university degree course officially by registering. :/ just the uni trying to generate more money, I guess. Sad really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsgetphysical)
    I don't think the uni should be advertising the edge during the registration. What has gym membership *really* got to do with joining a university degree course officially by registering. :/ just the uni trying to generate more money, I guess. Sad really.
    Yes it's very cheeky especially the way it doesn't give a price till the very last page, after you give all your details.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.