What advice or solution you can suggest to us?

Watch
caringniece
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, we are moving soon and this includes our office & computer files, I'm worried that our data could be at stake. I think, we need a checklist to get things organized. However, everyone here are too busy with their own stuff too and we might neglect about managing everything including our documents. Is there a reliable system software for that matter? I think, we need something similar to that in our business. What advice or solution you can suggest to us? Thanks!
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are lots of backup solutions out there - just do a Google. However, my concern is when you said "everyone here are too busy with their own stuff." The cost to any business if it were to lose vital data is critical. In fact I am sure I read a report that said that something like 80% of business go out of business within 6 months of catastrophic data loss. This is something that needs to be addressed from the top down. The solution doesn't have to be high tech, but just exactly how does your business intend to insure itself against server failure or general data loss?
caringniece
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I honestly don't have any idea. I went looking for suitable software through Google an enterprise risk management software can help us. I'm planning to suggest this to my higher ups. What do you think?
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caringniece)
Hi, we are moving soon and this includes our office & computer files, I'm worried that our data could be at stake. I think, we need a checklist to get things organized. However, everyone here are too busy with their own stuff too and we might neglect about managing everything including our documents. Is there a reliable system software for that matter? I think, we need something similar to that in our business. What advice or solution you can suggest to us? Thanks!
Your requirements aren't very clear here. What is the problem/risk you're trying to mitigate here?
username1551801
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
Your requirements aren't very clear here. What is the problem you're trying to mitigate here?
It looks like he wants some automated software to manage documents.
I found a good one, it's called stop being lazy and do it yourself, it's not hard.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jared44)
It looks like he wants some automated software to manage documents.
I found a good one, it's called stop being lazy and do it yourself, it's not hard.
OP doean't know what thwy want. Do they want a backup solution? Do they want an ERM solution.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caringniece)
I honestly don't have any idea. I went looking for suitable software through Google an enterprise risk management software can help us. I'm planning to suggest this to my higher ups. What do you think?
That seems rather overkill. As mentioned above what is the problem that requires a solution? Backing up data is easy. Then there is buildinging in resilience and redundancy which is more technical and expensive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads