Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In New York there's been a huge crack down on noise levels. Apparently there's too much noise so Mayor Bloomberg (or whatever his name is) has put a limit on how much dogs can bark - 10 mins during the day and 5 at night! Other proposals include getting workers at building sites to put blankets over noisy machinery, and preventing ice-cream vans from playing music!!! What are your thoughts on this? Personally I think it's a bit stupid!

ReputationRep:
    How are you going to stop a dog barking more than a certain time? And who's going to be timing to check up on it? Those are really stupid yes.

When you go down wall street there are loads of signs warning that you can be fined thousands of dollars for honking your horn on wall street

ReputationRep:
    Are they going to put a time limit on how long a baby can cry?
    Or force people to ride around on bikes, as cars are too noisy?
    If the mayor has such a big issue with it, i suggest a pair of earplugs.

ReputationRep:
    looks like my ice cream van condom despesning idea isnt going to work in ny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    looks like my ice cream van condom despesning idea isnt going to work in ny
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    on a serious note (get the pun note noise lol i crack myself up!) its political correctness gone wrong why dont they just ban noise all together!

ReputationRep:
    on a serious note (get the pun note noise lol i crack myself up!) its political correctness gone wrong why dont they just ban noise all together!
    Or make it a law that everyone has to wear ear plugs, so they wont hear the noise?

ReputationRep:
    Lol! How are you meant to know when the ice cream man is coming if you can't hear the jolly music??? The World really has gone mad with things!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear about the cruelest man in the world who told his children that when the ice-cream van music was playing that meant it had run out of ice-creams? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Did you hear about the cruelest man in the world who told his children that when the ice-cream van music was playing that meant it had run out of ice-creams? :eek:
    lol or condoms sorry that really old now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    trigger, you crack me up too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    trigger, you crack me up too!
    lol good its nice to know u guys have execpted me i still feel like an outsider really but iv only bin here since feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I heard that from somewhere, but its hardly cruel compared to some of the stuff he could have been doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I heard that from somewhere, but its hardly cruel compared to some of the stuff he could have been doing.
    lol thats so wrong!

ReputationRep:
    How is it PC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    How is it PC?
    maybe pc was the wrong phrase to use

ReputationRep:
    The ice cream van that comes near my house still plays the euro 96 anthem, arggggh, which someone would make him stop playing it!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol thats so wrong!
    Why is it wrong?
    Are you saying that theres nothing crueler than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Why is it wrong?
    Are you saying that theres nothing crueler than that?
    i meant the stuff that he COULD have been doing!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol good its nice to know u guys have execpted me i still feel like an outsider really but iv only bin here since feb
    I've only been here since feb too! (did you mean 'accepted'?). I feel like a bit of an outsider but it doesn't bother me all that much. I like this forum because I know I can say what I really think and won't get a *******ing off everybody for it! Everyone on here seems quite mature and tolerant of opposing views. it's nice.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.