Turn on thread page Beta

Red squirrel photos watch

ReputationRep:
    I went to Hawes a few days ago to see the red squirrels. I've been a few times before back in April (I posted some phone photos and videos on here), but I took a proper DSLR camera this time and got some good photos. Thought people might want to see them.

Spoiler because there's a lot of them.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    These are really cool pics, very nice camera work indeed!
    I'm surprised the squirrel didn't run away!
    Maybe you could try submitting to a local magazine or nature magazines?

ReputationRep:
    awesome pictures thanks for sharing them.

ReputationRep:
    When I was little, a friend and I would frequent local woods, we would always mention an albino squirrel we would see--nobody believed us. News arrived a phone mast was going to be errected in the woods, my friend and I got on the case! We took photos on a camera of lil whitey and subsequently stopped the phone mast. Now years later the phone signal is **** and i hold myself accountable for when I struggle to make a call!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    These are really cool pics, very nice camera work indeed!
    I'm surprised the squirrel didn't run away!
    Maybe you could try submitting to a local magazine or nature magazines?
    I've been to that spot a few times. If you sit fairly still they'll get very close to you, and I've had them really close all 4 times I've been there (bait probably helps). They don't seem to mind people too much, but they'll still run away if you make a lot of noise or move suddenly.

I've seen some at another site in Scotland, but they ran away up trees when they saw me coming

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.