Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was wondering whether I could change the amount of money paid each instalment. By this I don't mean to change how much I get paid overall. I only mean to choose how much I get in each instalment. At the moment I am getting some of the money in the first two quarters and then most of it in the third quarter. Could I not switch this around in some way? I will have a lot of excess in the third quarter and I was wondering if I could use some of this to help me out for the first and second quarter?

ReputationRep:
    No. You get more in 3rd term because it's designed to help you through summer.. They won't change it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    Hi,
    I was wondering whether I could change the amount of money paid each instalment. By this I don't mean to change how much I get paid overall. I only mean to choose how much I get in each instalment. At the moment I am getting some of the money in the first two quarters and then most of it in the third quarter. Could I not switch this around in some way? I will have a lot of excess in the third quarter and I was wondering if I could use some of this to help me out for the first and second quarter?
    They don't usually allow it. I think there may be a way to change it if you can prove that the money you're getting in the first installment won't be enough to last you till the second, don't quote me on this though, but unless you really need to I wouldn't bother anyways. As said above the final installment is meant to last over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    Hi,
    No you can't, the installments are fixed.

ReputationRep:
    I bloody wish you could, I'd just even it all out so I get the same amount each term - right now, I have more left over for second term than first, and I'd much rather be comfortable both terms than having problems with money for first but having too much for second.
    But oh well I work too so guess I can't complain, it just seems to me like it would make more sense

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.