The Student Room Group

Accomodation with my boyfriend?

So I'm going to uni next year and my boyfriend will be moving with me and not studding at the uni but working. So I was wondering how I would go about getting accomodation? Would we need to looking into special couples accomodation or renting private?
Reply 1
No uni accommodation is really designed for couples.Most official university accommodations don't let you have a boyfriend stay and in shared houses people can get really funny about it if the landlord doesn't know.

You can try the studio kind of accoms but even then, they'll be small. Renting privately means shelling out about £1000 a month for rent (Maybe a bit less depending on where you live) then council tax and bills and utilities on top of that.

Your best bet is to try snap up the largest room in a shared house if you want an affordable space.
Original post by donateyrhands
So I'm going to uni next year and my boyfriend will be moving with me and not studding at the uni but working. So I was wondering how I would go about getting accomodation? Would we need to looking into special couples accomodation or renting private?

Private rent a small flat if you can, luckily we save money by living together in a two bed flat compared to halls/house shares in our city.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending