Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    :eek: ooooh, I've not heard of them! They sound pretty cool... tho as you say by having them glowing it makes me think of just having a load of radioactive stuff in your skin lol
    lol! ill see if i can find a picture of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstenb)
    if u get a chinese symbol, make sure it means what u think it dus i know sum1 who chose hers cos it looked nice n it means somethin really stupid like cyclone!
    hehe... wasn't the hebrew symbol Britney got absolutely meaningles? LMAO

ReputationRep:
    Tattoos are great in theory and I would like to get one done.

However when it comes down to where on my body, and what it depicts, it all seems too much hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    oh no dont have plastic surgery thats too permanent!! tattoos can tell a story and have some meaning attached to them which i personally quite like
    I really would be quite happy to have it done though, I think klingons are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    "tats" are for thickos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Tattoos are great in theory and I would like to get one done.

However when it comes down to where on my body, and what it depicts, it all seems too much hassle.
    I think thats the attraction for so many people tho - trying to think of new and interesting paces/ideas for designs which make you feel more individual.

I'd always wanted a design on my foot, but the artist said it would wear away within a few years so thats why i got stuck with one i didnt really love on my back... i was trying to be too "cool" and it backfired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I really would be quite happy to have it done though, I think klingons are amazing.
    noo but wehn your older youll just have these ridges in your head and youll regret it

ReputationRep:
    heres some UV ones i found..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    do you think the interest will last though? It's a pretty major step - I don't think that surgeons would do it readily... although in America you can have stuff like that done by body modification blokes - just they aren't liscensed to use anaesthetic *ouch*

ReputationRep:
    heres some UV ones i found..
    how incredibly freaky!!!! But now i think of it, i think there's a bloke in Cyber Dog in london who has had that done.

Ohh, its weird lol.

ReputationRep:
    noo but wehn your older youll just have these ridges in your head and youll regret it
    Who says I will not be a lifelong trekkie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    what do u think about them? i want to get 1 but i cant decided where or what to have, i dont like all these flouncy girly devils and ****, i what something creative and dateless, any ideas?

well i would like to have one but i dont like it were people have loads

i like some chinese symbol but then what if it is ment to say love and says something else i wouldnt want that

i would like a dolphin or a rose or a heart some thing small on my back (sholder bone bit)

sophie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph2004)
    well i would like to have one but i dont like it were people have loads

i like some chinese symbol but then what if it is ment to say love and says something else i wouldnt want that

i would like a dolphin or a rose or a heart some thing small on my back (sholder bone bit)

sophie
    thats where i want mine, its somewhere that u can cover up if u want to and also hide if u want to

ReputationRep:
    I've got two, and i'm getting the third done this weekend when i get back from uni - i've got a red rose to the left of my spine halfway down my back, a line drawing of a fairy on the back of my hip and i'm getting a heart, a daisy and a star (all in a thick black outline) done on saturday. They all have personal meanings to them, and i've had the rose and the fairy for 4 years now and i still love them The heart/star/flower combo is something that i've been doodling all over the place since i was about 12, so i want it on me now

ReputationRep:
    Who says I will not be a lifelong trekkie?
    maybe..but you dont have to look like one

ReputationRep:
    get an image of your own face done on your back....like steve-o from jackass, its hilarious!

or like my mate get ure initails done on the top of ure bum/lower back region. it looks really nice when she wears a bikini on holiday, or little top u can see it, and when shes older u wont see it cos by that age (i pray) she wont be wearing little tops! also be careful where u do it cos now it may look good but when old age kicks in and things start heading south it wont be in the smae place anymore! :eek: i'd never have one done, cos my parents and enitire family would disown me! so probably not worth it! plus they can look cheap and tacky! no offence to anyone with them!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.