Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, So I did my AS exams this year, and I recieved AABDPsychology: A Chemistry: DGeography: A Biology: B

I really really want to study neuroscience at uni, and eventually become a neurosurgeon or a neurologist, which is more realistic of me. However for that I NEED to have chemistry and obviously I failed that. I love the subject but honestly I don't know what happend to me, probably a bad exam day but I was so gutted.

I had already prepared every thing , personal statement , read book such as the man who mistook who's wife for a hat. I really have my heart set on it .

But since I got a High A in geography my principal is refusing to let me resit chemistry since I got a D and I'm so confused now and lost.

Please if anyone could give me advice on how I can still do neuroscience?
    Are there any unis that don't require chemistry? It has to be in London however. Is there an alternative subject to chemistry I can take?

Also this is my big one, can I take a gap year and resit all of chemistry? And if I can't do one I am willing to do more!

I really will appreciate if someone replied and helps me out ! Thanks you so much !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuroash)
    Hello, So I did my AS exams this year, and I recieved AABDPsychology: A Chemistry: DGeography: A Biology: B

I really really want to study neuroscience at uni, and eventually become a neurosurgeon or a neurologist, which is more realistic of me. However for that I NEED to have chemistry and obviously I failed that. I love the subject but honestly I don't know what happend to me, probably a bad exam day but I was so gutted.

I had already prepared every thing , personal statement , read book such as the man who mistook who's wife for a hat. I really have my heart set on it .

But since I got a High A in geography my principal is refusing to let me resit chemistry since I got a D and I'm so confused now and lost.

Please if anyone could give me advice on how I can still do neuroscience?
    Are there any unis that don't require chemistry? It has to be in London however. Is there an alternative subject to chemistry I can take?

Also this is my big one, can I take a gap year and resit all of chemistry? And if I can't do one I am willing to do more!

I really will appreciate if someone replied and helps me out ! Thanks you so much !
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need to study medicine to eventually become a neurosurgeon or neurologist? Be that undergraduate or graduate entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need to study medicine to eventually become a neurosurgeon or neurologist? Be that undergraduate or graduate entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you're right, you do need medicine. However i was planning to do 3 years of neuroscience and transfer internally into medicine in uni. Hope I made sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuroash)
    No you're right, you do need medicine. However i was planning to do 3 years of neuroscience and transfer internally into medicine in uni. Hope I made sense.
    In all honesty, it all sounds very complicated and with your biology and chemistry grades, I would take a gap year. Get experience, save up for uni and ace your exams. If you're set on neuroscience to begin with you'll want to go to the best for it and that's UCL. But you will need chemistry and good grades considering that your other subjects are psychology and geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.