Turn on thread page Beta

I've been on online dating sites such as tinder and plenty of fish for a while now and have been on about 6 dates but none have come to anything. It's knocking my confidence a little and I'm not sure if there is any point in carrying on dating Through these sites... Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Just go home son.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that's a sign that online dating is not for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been on online dating sites such as tinder and plenty of fish for a while now and have been on about 6 dates but none have come to anything. It's knocking my confidence a little and I'm not sure if there is any point in carrying on dating Through these sites... Any advice?
    Well first off, are you Male / female? Whats the age gap, are you similar age to your date? Are these 6 separate dates, or repeats with the same 1 or 2 people? What kind of places are you going to for the dates? Is the conversation easy and flowing? Do you feel uncomfortable or awkward? Are you talking on FB or texting before or after, in order to get to know them better?

Do you know what you are even looking for, like serious relationship, or something casual? And why do YOU think it's not becoming something more?

Questions questions questions :lol:

ReputationRep:
    But ratio is 20: 1, you are just expecting too much

(Original post by TwinnyP)
    Well first off, are you Male / female? Whats the age gap, are you similar age to your date? Are these 6 separate dates, or repeats with the same 1 or 2 people? What kind of places are you going to for the dates? Is the conversation easy and flowing? Do you feel uncomfortable or awkward? Are you talking on FB or texting before or after, in order to get to know them better?

Do you know what you are even looking for, like serious relationship, or something casual? And why do YOU think it's not becoming something more?

Questions questions questions :lol:
    I'm a 21 year old female...
    Most guys have been older (around 28) although met up with a guy my age and we got on really well but he'd just come out of a serious relationship and said he wasn't ready for a relationship.

I want a serious relationship but I think most of the people I have met up with just want something casual.

ReputationRep:
    If you want a seriously relationship I have no idea what you think Tinder is going to do for you. It's for the most part a hook up app, you'll have very bad luck on there.

You've only been on 6 dates. Think about it rationally. That's only 6 people out of all the possible people out there and you expect one of them to want to get into a long term relationship with you from 1 date? That's just not how things work. Not everyone is going to want the same thing as you, not everyone will be on the same page or even be compatible.

You're going to have to be more patient and stop having such high expectations from everyone you go on a date with, it'll get you nowhere and just make you miserable.

ReputationRep:
    I've never used them myself but a friend met his wife through an online dating site so it can work. The best policy seems to be to meet as many people as possible, enjoy the dates for what they are and try not to invest too much emotionally in someone before you meet them. I'm sure it's frustrating when the dates don't go anywhere but remember you only need to get lucky once!

ReputationRep:
    Tinder is not the place to find romance.

Are you at Uni? what's your social life like? you're only 21-years-old, at our age it is easy to find someone but you don't need to search for it, just have fun with your friends and it might just happen.

ReputationRep:
    6 shots no goals is quite bad.

ReputationRep:
    Thought people used tinder for quick hook-ups? I wouldn't expect too much from it tbh, 6 isn't a lot considering the amount of people that use it casually.

ReputationRep:
    Be social in real life, as simple as that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.