Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, long story short I just did A2 however I did not enter my submissions for two of my courses so i was withdrawn, however my head of sixth was allowing me to go back their to complete my courseworks as they were about 80% done, initially he said I could go there and enter as a private student, and then he retracted from that comment shall we say.. And today I was told I cant go back, and now I don't know what to do, I want to go to Uni next year but I don't have any idea where to go for advice or direction and I desperately need to do something.

Thanks Talen.

ReputationRep:
    I get the feeling this isn't the whole story. What happened between the point where he said you could stay and where he retracted this offer? Have you been booted out of sixth form? Had you had previous warnings?

ReputationRep:
    Essentially I worked during the week at Sainsbury's (24 hour, 3-11 thursday friday saturday) and that took a huge chunk out of my school time as I missed days off. He had a talk with the deputy head of sixth form and head of my department for DT (what i was studying) And i was given warnings however what he said to me was after the warnings and he even suggested to me some of the options I could take up. I am just worried I will not be able to go to Uni...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm - well you can definitely go to uni, but perhaps nor necessarily through this sixth form. The only thing I can suggest is to continue to talk with your tutors. However, this is perhaps a lesson about sorting out priorities. 24 hours a week of working on top of full time studies is pretty brutal. Is there any way you can cut down your hours in order to achieve a full attendance at school? I appreciate money is important but what do you want? Money or to go to university?

Good luck!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.