The Student Room Group

Article: Nine bizarre things students have spent their loans on

Students going to uni or going back to uni are eagerly awaiting that lump sum of student loan in their bank account. So in good spirit we asked the TSR community and Facebook followers what the weirdest thing they spent their student loan on; I've put together a list of the best nine

What's the best thing you have/ will spend your student loan on this year?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=19903-Nine-bizarre-things-students-have-spent-their-loans-on
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I was expecting it to be coke and hookers.
I spent my last student loan payment on going to America...
YES, it was worth it , why?.. because i found out what university i wanted to do my PhD at and i got to see my boyfriend.
so yes .. REALLY worth it
Reply 3
I think you accidentally a word.

Reply 4
CHAMELEONS

NOT CHAMELEON'S

f*cks sakes
I heard of someone who spent their student loan on a speedboat, then got scurvy because they could only afford to eat tesco own brand instant noodles.
"Owns thousands in DJ equipment. Doesn't know what BPM is" LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

"Is that track 128 BPM?" "128 Bitches Per Mixtape?"

Spoiler

Chameleon's... Just can't stop seeing it...
Original post by MoonMoonChan
I spent my last student loan payment on going to America...
YES, it was worth it , why?.. because i found out what university i wanted to do my PhD at and i got to see my boyfriend.
so yes .. REALLY worth it

NYU?
Original post by Technetium
NYU?

No UofA
I was expecting something like buying out their college or university they are studying at?
Magaluf!!!! SICKEST holiday yet!! (In both senses of the word!)
I bought nothing because i am a live and i am alive and i am a lie. I don't go university. I'm not life. You know?
Share favourite subscribe.
how do people afford to do this with their student finance?! mine barely gives me enough for rent and food let alone £600 of clothes and holidays
Reply 14
My loan doesn't even cover my rent lol wtf
Reply 15
Givenchy Antigona Medium Leather Tote - £1,300 that would be my bizzare choice.
But obviously I'm smarter than that!
Original post by Bronzy
Givenchy Antigona Medium Leather Tote - £1,300 that would be my bizzare choice.
But obviously I'm smarter than that!

I was obsessed with that bag for a while until I realised how basic it looks considering how expensive it is! It's all about Balenciaga baby (Proenza Schouler is nice too).
I saved up my bursaries and scholarship money to pay for a part-time masters which I would never have been able to do otherwise.
I spent my student loan properly... I also managed to make some money from what is essentially a 0% loan
I managed to sort myself out in my final year but in first year I managed to get all the way through into my max overdraft... I've definitely learnt more from uni that just about my degree course subject. :'P

Quick Reply

Latest