Turn on thread page Beta

Vacation scheme as a graduate? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have recently graduated from a RG (top 15) uni with a low 2.1. Due to a troubled relationship I was in at the time, I did not really enrich my CV with legal activities designed to help me secure TCs. Thankfully, I am now out of the relationship and wish to pursue becoming a solicitor. However, I am quite unsure of what my best options are.

I am thinking about applying for winter vac schemes at a range of firms, but I'd just like people's opinions on my chances. I am somewhat apprehensive about applying to MC or even 2nd tier firms because of my degree grade, so I would like to get a clear picture so I can plan my applications effectively.

ReputationRep:
    Don't undersell yourself. You have every right to go for the top firms, and you should. Start engaging in some interesting activities outside of work and get your application in.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.