Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI
    i have just finished my 1st yr june 2015 and i suffer from illness s i put a claim in for ESA income based am i allowed to do this to a support me during the long summer break as too ill to hold a job down was i allowed to do this as well as claim hosing benefit
    got a letter say being investigeted for fraud now i am worried just been told should have waiting till aft 30th june to put claim in for housing benefit and ESA income based?
    .( i dont not get DLA nor PIP.)
    any adivce plz
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You can't claim ESA over the summer unless you receive DLA or PIP.

Full time students (apart from disabled and those with children) can't claim benefits over the summer. If you have no intention of returning to uni, you have to wait until you've officcially finished uni. (the date as stated by uni)

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i was told last yr by uni i could but do ut from 30th june tho with out claiming esa or pip

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.