Turn on thread page Beta

Please help I don't know what to do about my a levels watch

ReputationRep:
    So my AS results didn't go great I started with taking only 3 a levels and I got C in film studies which was 4 marks off a B, C in English literature which was 2 marks off a B and an E in history due to getting a U in my Britain exam and a C in Nazi Germany.

My school want me to drop history but I really want to continue and retake the U !

If I got a C in my retake and got a C overall for AS history, could I get a B overall for A2?

Also my other subjects my teachers think I can get a B overall in film studies and a C overall for English but I need ABB for university ?
    Am I being unrealistic ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescajones)
    If I got a C in my retake and got a C overall for AS history, could I get a B overall for A2?
    It's possible. If you got the minimum UMS at AS for a C (120), then you would need to get an A overall (160 UMS) at A2 to get a B overall.

(Original post by Francescajones)
    Also my other subjects my teachers think I can get a B overall in film studies and a C overall for English but I need ABB for university ?
    Am I being unrealistic ?
    Nope. You were really close to getting Bs in Film Studies and English, and I'm sure you can improve on your History grade. It's only September now so you have the full year ahead of you to study hard and get your grades.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh okay, thank you ! I really need to get these grades, most of the universities I'm looking at ask for ABB

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.