Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In year 10, I took core science early and now I'm in year 11 and got my grades back! I'm 4 marks away from B and I'm super annoyed! I did ask if I could get a remark but they said I have to pay £40 for each test remark (which is £120 for each test) but I don't understand cause some people got it for free! Also, some people who are so much less smarter than me managed to get A* and some other guy got D's in all three physics, chemistry and biology exams but still got an A for the coursework... I'm confused in the coursework and I got B! My teacher marked mine and she hated me and put me for foundation when I was supposed to do higher! This ticks me off so much! Other teachers are a lot less strict and gave some students a lot higher marks! ITS SO ANNOYING!

Doesn't the school pay for remarks?

ReputationRep:
    You are refunded if the grade changes, that is what your friends meant when they said it was free

ReputationRep:
    There would be no point getting it remarked as Science is a subject where the answer is either right or wrong. The grade boundaries were quite unfair this year (I was with AQA) I was aiming for an A* and came out with an A because the grade boundaries went from around 42 in Physics and Biology to 47 and 50 in Chemistry. I got 50 Chemistry A* 45 Biology A and 42 Physics A with 4 out of 50 in the ISA at an A. Don't worry too much about it as universities and sixth forms will take this into consideration.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.