Turn on thread page Beta

Ok, so what do I DO at freshers? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Freshers is fast approaching and I have no idea what I'm going to do there.

What do I do?

Optimally, I don't want to party or go clubbing. Do uni's usually have events for introverts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theperformer)

What do I do?

Optimally, I don't want to party or go clubbing. Do uni's usually have events for introverts?
    I'm the same but as in I'm not going to any nighttime events.

I would say look at the more day time events that your uni is holding ( check on your university page or student union) e.g. Outdoor cinemas or arts festivals etc and more importantly go to you societies as thats where you make the most friends.

Just remember there are plenty of people who are introverted like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhoicakoni)
    I'm the same but as in I'm not going to any nighttime events.

I would say look at the more day time events that your uni is holding ( check on your university page or student union) e.g. Outdoor cinemas or arts festivals etc and more importantly go to you societies as thats where you make the most friends.

Just remember there are plenty of people who are introverted like you.
    https://lincolnsu.com/freshers2015/whats-on#

All the events at my university look to be outgoing...

ReputationRep:
    Get absolutely wasted and shag everything in sight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening)
    Get absolutely wasted and shag everything in sight.
    Not appealing..

ReputationRep:

What do I do?

I would try going out to a couple of club nights, you never know, you might enjoy it. Otherwise I would put a message on your halls facebook group and see if others don't want to go out clubbing, you could meet up with them.

ReputationRep:

What do I do?

Same boat. My Uni actually sold out it's 'freshers party' so I'm sorta stuck until Monday when things get going. I'm desperately trying to avoid talking to my friends online until I find someone here with common interests.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

What do I do?

There are plenty of events scattered throughout the week that cater for all types of people, whether you want to go out and party or not. There is always something for people to do, you've just got to look at at what your university is offering event wise during freshers week.

When I started university we got given a massive wall planner for the entirety of Freshers week that listed every event. There were trips out, paintballing, society tasters, bingo with a twist, tea and coffee nights, wine and cheese nights, the list was endless!

ReputationRep:
    You can meet people away from the party scene. I spent my first night at uni watching Dead Poets Society and American Beauty with two girls I randomly bumped into in the bookshop and started chatting to once I realised they were on my course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    There are plenty of events scattered throughout the week that cater for all types of people, whether you want to go out and party or not. There is always something for people to do, you've just got to look at at what your university is offering event wise during freshers week.

When I started university we got given a massive wall planner for the entirety of Freshers week that listed every event. There were trips out, paintballing, society tasters, bingo with a twist, tea and coffee nights, wine and cheese nights, the list was endless!
    That sounds awesome. When did you get that list though? And where?

The website for Lincoln just lists club events thus far.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That sounds awesome. When did you get that list though? And where?

The website for Lincoln just lists club events thus far.
    Ours came through the post I believe around August time, however, if you hadn't received one you could pick one up easily from the SU. So either post or SU.

Oh that's awesome, you're going to Lincoln? I'm in Lincoln as well up at Bishop Grosseteste University, opposite ends of the city, haha!

https://lincolnsu.com/freshers2015/whats-on

I believe that link thats everything going on at the SU during your Freshers week.
    See if that helps?

ReputationRep:
    Ours came through the post I believe around August time, however, if you hadn't received one you could pick one up easily from the SU. So either post or SU.

Oh that's awesome, you're going to Lincoln? I'm in Lincoln as well up at Bishop Grosseteste University, opposite ends of the city, haha!

https://lincolnsu.com/freshers2015/whats-on

I believe that link thats everything going on at the SU during your Freshers week.
    See if that helps?
    Yeah I'm a the other one haha, I mean, from what I can tell, the link you cited just cites clubs. There's no paintballing or coffee nights, just clubs...

I hope they have something like paintballing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah I'm a the other one haha, I mean, from what I can tell, the link you cited just cites clubs. There's no paintballing or coffee nights, just clubs...

I hope they have something like paintballing.
    Ah I see! I have a friend that's going to Lincoln university, she's just done her first year at BGU with me but decided the course wasn't right for her. I'll ask her if she knows anymore about what's going on during Lincoln freshers.

I see what you mean, Lincoln university seems very club based... on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday there are different fayres you can attend and socitiey meetings? They may offer something interesting?

I do know our univeristies to be very different. Lincoln has the big city campus and is spread across the bottom of the city where as my campus BGU is literally an entirely campus based uni. Everything is in the same space. It's smaller but more homely and more of a close net community. Therefore, the SU arranges these things because they know more people will prefer it?

Like I said, I'll find out for you.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see! I have a friend that's going to Lincoln university, she's just done her first year at BGU with me but decided the course wasn't right for her. I'll ask her if she knows anymore about what's going on during Lincoln freshers.

I see what you mean, Lincoln university seems very club based... on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday there are different fayres you can attend and socitiey meetings? They may offer something interesting?

I do know our univeristies to be very different. Lincoln has the big city campus and is spread across the bottom of the city where as my campus BGU is literally an entirely campus based uni. Everything is in the same space. It's smaller but more homely and more of a close net community. Therefore, the SU arranges these things because they know more people will prefer it?

Like I said, I'll find out for you.
    Nice! It does seem to be geared towards the night-life. I'd love the paintball/gaming scene though. If you could find out for me, that'd be great. Thanks man!

ReputationRep:
    Women. You do lots of women.

ReputationRep:
    Not appealing..
    you'll be drunk as ****, even the pulsing probelights will seem sexually attractive

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.