The Student Room Group

I have a question about getting accepted into a med school

Say if I didn't get any offers but I got really good grades at the end of A2, can I still get in. Idk if this makes sense. I was thinking that some of the people who get offered don't get in therefore if I get A*AA/A*A*A, can I still get in despite not getting an offer?
Reply 1
Original post by Xoxoxo1234567
Say if I didn't get any offers but I got really good grades at the end of A2, can I still get in. Idk if this makes sense. I was thinking that some of the people who get offered don't get in therefore if I get A*AA/A*A*A, can I still get in despite not getting an offer?

If you have a good interview score and you just missed the threshold, you might get in. Slim chance though.
Reply 2
Most medical schools create a waiting list so if your interview performance was good but just below the cut off you may be put on the waiting list. This means if you achieve the grade requirements that the uni asks for then in August there MAY be a place for you.

But if a uni asks for AAA and you get A*A*A* and have already been rejected (ie not been offered a place or been told that you are placed on the waiting list) then the uni is very unlikely to change their mind - they receive so many applications and good students that if ultimately comes down to interview performance for offers and then it's up to you to meet their academic requirements.

Hope all that makes sense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending