Turn on thread page Beta

How do you deal with rejection? watch

ReputationRep:
    I won't lie rejection hurts like hell, especially seeing as i've been so damned unlucky throughout my life with women. Its like you try and try and you experience rejection after rejection. Its just hard to pick yourself up after. It just beats down my confidence. I try to perk myself up, look on the bright side, but that only makes things worse.

How do you deal with rejection (useful posts only please). How do you pick yourself up make yourself believe "you deserve better". Is there anything i can do to improve how i cope with rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well with jobs you can request feedback.
    With women... not so much. Best to distract yourself from said woman who rejected you, take a break from the dating game and do something useful with your life.

ReputationRep:
    Stop giving a damn about getting rejected and realize that u are an awesome individual

ReputationRep:
    I dont ask anyone out so i dont get rejected :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    I won't lie rejection hurts like hell, especially seeing as i've been so damned unlucky throughout my life with women. Its like you try and try and you experience rejection after rejection. Its just hard to pick yourself up after. It just beats down my confidence. I try to perk myself up, look on the bright side, but that only makes things worse.

How do you deal with rejection (useful posts only please). How do you pick yourself up make yourself believe "you deserve better". Is there anything i can do to improve how i cope with rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only thing I can say is learn to be happy on your own and with friends. So if your base state is happy then getting a girlfriend is just like a bonus as apposed ot being some kind of scary drug that you need to be happy.

Sometimes I am too good at this, like I'm too happy in my comfort zone so I make no effort and since I have never been on a date or anything I'm basically scared of women :-/ I'm also supsiscioue of my body and want it wants me to do, I have a sneaky suspicion that a girlfriend is like stuffing yourself with crisps. At first it is great but then you feel ill. My body is just trying to get me to procreate, it tricks me with all these happy and orgamsic chemicals then the next thing I know I am tethered to one person forever who is now driving me nuts :afraid:

Other times I'm just miserable and am like I am never going to have sex ever and be alone forever. Worried that my libido will just disappear one day and I never got to enjoy sex.

Plus there is always xvideos.

ReputationRep:
    Just distract myself with family, work, studies. And have fun with other men, whether that be dirty talk, meeting up or being clean and getting to know someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Extra or Clearing if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    I don't deal with it well. But what would make me feel better is if someone explains to me what a loser the person who is actually doing it is.....sometimes the only reason they are rejecting is because it's the one area in their life that they feel they have power or control over ...and that is pretty sad and laughable really. This is true of what happened to me anyway. Even if I could easily figure this out for myself it helps to get someone else to say it to you

ReputationRep:
    Tbf it might take you until after you finish your first real relationship to realise that you really can do **** on your own and you shouldn't try and depend on someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how much help this will be.

I deal with rejection by setting up no expectations in the first place. When I get to know people, I never expect it to go further. I don't put my eggs all in one basket. This surprisingly makes it easier for me to feel comfortable, I don't ever have to big myself up.

Also I think coming to realise that life is full of opportunities helps as well. What one girl thinks about you holds no importance over who you are as a person. You will always meet new people as long as you're willing to try go things and go to new places.

If you ask 50 people out and get 50 rejections, you will feel like the ugliest creature to grace the earth. The most important thing of all is not to beat yourself up about it though.

ReputationRep:
    So, totally agree with your sentiments. It's the multiple rejections and things going wrong which really hurt. As to coping strategies I reflect that even quite successful males in the dating game suffer a lot of blow outs. I've stopped flogging dead horses and putting effort where I see little prospect. And I know that my occasional success are all the sweeter... Keep battling.

ReputationRep:
    Figure out what I can do to make it better. Having a goal to work towards automatically means that I can move past the rejection.

ReputationRep:
    It does hurt like hell especially the first time you are rejected or if you are rejected by the person you felt most strongly about. With each rejection, confidence gets dented a bit more but eventually, I found it helps to build confidence but it takes ages to get to that stage.

I noticed the first stage I went through was feeling depressed and blaming it all on me. I thought "if only I looked like this" or "if only I was more like that" and ultimately that thinking got me nowhere and only made me feel worse. Then I moved onto the 'its all their fault for my pain' which included in a way, arrogance like "why couldn't they like me back? I'm actually quite a good catch" or I would think of them as a prick for hurting my feelings even though deep down they didn't mean to. Then eventually after a while, a very long whole after my first and worst rejection, came the resolution. I accepted its no ones fault and you can't help you fall for and its not their fault they didn't fall for me back. At that stage and only that stage was I ready to meet someone again.

The only tips I can give you are to not force yourself to get over the rejection quickly. Yeah you don't want to dwell on it forever but you don't want to keep making the same mistakes over and over either so taking some time to reflect helps you come to terms with it.

Some people advise going out and trying to meet new people quickly after rejection, each to their own but I disagree. Go out with friends yes but don't go out with the sole purpose of meeting someone. If you do meet someone then that's great but if its forced to try and fill the gap that you wanted your crush to fill, it only makes you feel worse when you realise they don't compare.

Time is the best medicine for rejection. Confidence will slowly rebuild and you will meet someone who likes you back, no matter how unlikely it seems. I've always met someone when I gave up looking. When I wanted to meet someone, I never did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk;[url="tel:59280953")
    59280953[/url]]I dont ask anyone out so i dont get rejected :lol:
    But nothing ventured, nothing gained. You won't get your oats this way..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    But nothing ventured, nothing gained. You won't get your oats this way..
    I know but i have developed a IDGAF attitude

ReputationRep:
    The less you care about rejection, the less of it you'll get.
    Plus when you don't care, you can use it as introspection and troubleshooting and that's when your game will hit peak.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    you create a voodoo doll.

life is peachy once the "deed" is done

ReputationRep:
    Onnn to the nextt oneee...onnnn...onnnn..to the next onee

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.