Turn on thread page Beta

Crush on much older colleague! watch

Announcements

I've got a crush on a guy who I work with. He's 12 years older than me (he looks very young for his age I first thought he was maybe 5 or 6 years older). Thing is, I've got a long term boyfriend (2 years+) who I love to bits. But I can't help fantasising about this guy from work! He's not even someone I'd want a relationship with he's just REALLY good looking and my kind keeps wandering off. I don't want to feel like this! Is it bad to have a crush on someone when you're in a relationship? I still love my boyfriend but I don't feel 'lust' as i do to this guy.

(Original post by anonymous)
    i've got a crush on a guy who i work with. He's 12 years older than me (he looks very young for his age i first thought he was maybe 5 or 6 years older). Thing is, i've got a long term boyfriend (2 years+) who i love to bits. But i can't help fantasising about this guy from work! He's not even someone i'd want a relationship with he's just really good looking and my kind keeps wandering off. I don't want to feel like this! Is it bad to have a crush on someone when you're in a relationship? I still love my boyfriend but i don't feel 'lust' as i do to this guy.
    i meant mind not kind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've got a crush on a guy who I work with. He's 12 years older than me (he looks very young for his age I first thought he was maybe 5 or 6 years older). Thing is, I've got a long term boyfriend (2 years+) who I love to bits. But I can't help fantasising about this guy from work! He's not even someone I'd want a relationship with he's just REALLY good looking and my kind keeps wandering off. I don't want to feel like this! Is it bad to have a crush on someone when you're in a relationship? I still love my boyfriend but I don't feel 'lust' as i do to this guy.
    You can't do anything this guy clearly is a better person in terms of physical characteristics than your boyfriend. We have evolved to want to reproduce with people with desirable characteristics if we didn't the human race wouldn't improve.

ReputationRep:
    Send him a compliment on LinkedIn.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't do anything physical with the dude and change it into physical cheating :/

(Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Just don't do anything physical with the dude and change it into physical cheating :/
    Oh god I would never! I don't think I really even want to.... Weird as it sounds, I fantasise about it but I don't actually want to do it. If that makes sense!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.