Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend meeting ex girlfriend watch

Announcements

Hey guys,

Really need some help as I'm worrying myself stupid,

So my recent boyfriend of five months is meeting up with his ex tomorrow.. And I don't know how I feel about it, they broke up a few months before he and I got together and she moved out of his flat etc. now they are going to tie up loose ends over coffee.

He's been totally honest with me about it BUT has mentioned that he isn't going to tell her about me unless she asks as he 'doesn't think it's a good idea', I'm
    Not sure how to take that whether I'm overthinking things or what? But I don't wanna be disrespected by anyone.
    Can I have your brutally honest opinions?

I appreciate the help.

Betty

ReputationRep:
    Hot coffee :sexface:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Dont want to think this is a TROLL but,

You wish to remain anonymous but you told us your name which is Betty...

ReputationRep:
    That wouldn't sit right with me. As far as I'm concerned he should be telling her he's moved on, why hide that from her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys,

So my recent boyfriend of five months is meeting up with his ex tomorrow.. And I don't know how I feel about it, they broke up a few months before he and I got together and she moved out of his flat etc. now they are going to tie up loose ends over coffee.

He's been totally honest with me about it BUT has mentioned that he isn't going to tell her about me unless she asks as he 'doesn't think it's a good idea', I'm
    Not sure how to take that whether I'm overthinking things or what? But I don't wanna be disrespected by anyone.

I appreciate the help.

Betty
    Why? I'd find it extremely weird that he isn't gonna tell her that he isn't single. She should know that he's moved on and that he's meeting up with her whilst he's with someone.

I wouldn't really be happy with it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee342)
    Why? I'd find it extremely weird that he isn't gonna tell her that he isn't single. She should know that he's moved on and that he's meeting up with her whilst he's with someone.

I wouldn't really be happy with it tbh
    I agree. Maybe ask him what are these "loose ends"? Do you know why they split up and how he felt about it?

(Also, there are a lot of Betty's in the world, Betty can be a nickname or even a fake name to throw someone off the scent.)

ReputationRep:
    Betty had a wetty in her pants. Loljk.

OP, they probably just don't want to upset their ex (RE: telling them about you). They probably just want to catch up. I wouldn't stress - read a nice novel.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I appreciate the help.

Betty
    If she is single and still has feelings for him, and is under the impression he is single, then shes gonna suck him off TBH.

ReputationRep:
    He's trying to keep his options open by not telling her he has a girlfriend. So he can have a booty call or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    It does seem dubious that he won't tell her about you, but the fact that he told you that somewhat negates the suspicious-ness. I mean, if he were hoping to get up to something dodgy, there was no need to tell you - he could have just met up with her and pretended to be single.

I think the fact that he's been totally honest about it all from the get-go is good. If it's really bothering you though, just ask him why it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's that weird? Perhaps he just wants to sort things out without getting into a massive argument so they can both move on and if he tells her about you she will lose it and start screaming at him... If he's been honest about meeting her and isn't planning on keeping in touch then I don't think there's an issue (if he's going to keep seeing her though she needs to know you're in the picture)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's fine if they are giving stuff back and moving on etc but if they are meeting up because they simply really want to then that sounds a bit fishy.

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest with him. Tbh it seems really suspicious because he should tell his ex that hes moved on and show you off a bit. He could still have feelings for her and would want to keep things hidden so he can keep his options open. Tell us what happens tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'd be fuming if I were you; tell him how you're feeling.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm not trolling I didn't mean to put annoymous it's my first post ever so I'm still trying to use this thing!!

He called me before hand and afterwards and explained the whole process but I still don't fully trust him because although he's told me he was very casual about it and didn't even take into consideration or ask me if it was something that was going to bother me.

I'm glad you've all given some input (bar the one who said he's getting a blowjob? Have some respect)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'm not trolling I didn't mean to put annoymous it's my first post ever so I'm still trying to use this thing!!

He called me before hand and afterwards and explained the whole process but I still don't fully trust him because although he's told me he was very casual about it and didn't even take into consideration or ask me if it was something that was going to bother me.

I'm glad you've all given some input (bar the one who said he's getting a blowjob? Have some respect)
    So what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds probably okay - he would be a bit of a **** to flaunt to her that he was in a new relationship by saying 'oh by the way I have a new girlfriend', but he is going to be honest and say if she asks. I'd probably be fine with it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.