Turn on thread page Beta

How can I compete with this guy? watch

Hi.

Here's my dillema. There's this girl I like. Beautiful, intelligent, funny... She's on my course. We're a small group. I've really fallen for her, but... I know I can't compete with this other guy. He's charming, uber-wealthy (like, multi-millions) and extroverted.

I'm Mr Average (at best). At worst, I'm a nerd. Don't get me wrong. I'm getting fitter, I'm working on my clothing and improving my hair. I'm also going out with a positive mindset.

But I know I can't compete. What do I do? I'm in the process of giving up/ignoring her forever more.

I'm so confused, and to make it worse, I see them nearly everyday.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Bro. The body is just a messenger of what the mind is saying. so if your clouded in your head and dont believe in yourself that will directly correlate to your body.

Vegan gains(crazy youtuber) can get a girlfriend, the guy from Kim Possible got out of the friendzone, worlds fattest man apparently has a girlfriend.

So what is stoping you from getting one?

Man up dude. Whats wrong with being a nerd? Intelligence is seen as attractive, be yourself, put yourself first and look presentable. Don't chase after one girl so make you are talking to multiple girls.

But go for it, try to be her friend but dont be a doormat otherwise you will be friendzoned. Then gradually increasing touching depending on lots of factors.

The amount of advice I can give you is quite limited because I legit have no information about your situation. So its up to you ,and if you fail? 0 ****s should be given because you will have the experience to get your next crush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi.

Here's my dillema. There's this girl I like. Beautiful, intelligent, funny... She's on my course. We're a small group. I've really fallen for her, but... I know I can't compete with this other guy. He's charming, uber-wealthy (like, multi-millions) and extroverted.

I'm Mr Average (at best). At worst, I'm a nerd. Don't get me wrong. I'm getting fitter, I'm working on my clothing and improving my hair. I'm also going out with a positive mindset.

But I know I can't compete. What do I do? I'm in the process of giving up/ignoring her forever more.

Thanks
    No, you can't.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    You don't need to compete with or one-up anyone. Just keep working on your image, you'll never be happy if you compare yourself with others.

ReputationRep:
    If you even feel you're in a competition trying to get her you should find someone else.

No man or woman should feel they are in a competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'Eliminate' your rival.

ReputationRep:
    Does she (or you) own a set of pokémon cards?

Make yourself as attractive as you can. This includes being physically attractive but also other types. Have interests outside of academia, be successful within it, get your body where you want it to be and take interest in your appearance. Get to know people, let them know you.

Maybe the wealthy extrovert will get this girl. Flirt with her, but don't come across as desperate, and don't ignore her if he wins. Women talk, and what she says makes a difference to how others will feel. Learning how to take disappointment like a boss is a core life skill and it doesn't burn bridges. That doesn't mean be her bag carrier and it doesn't mean be her shoulder to cry on, it just means being friendly and respectful.

She more than likely won't be the last crush in your life and failure isn't that much of a problem. Don't focus on being attractive to ONE woman, but focus on being attractive to WOMEN. This means being interesting, successful, physically attractive, emotionally stable, confident and all that. Create a framework from which opportunities can come about and then take advantage of them when they do.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happens just don't be friends with her if she says she want to be friends. It is 100% better in every situation to forget a girl instead of being friendzoned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    If you even feel you're in a competition trying to get her you should find someone else.

No man or woman should feel they are in a competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    real talk

ReputationRep:
    juk him fam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    juk him fam
    fuk him jam

(no homo)

ReputationRep:
    Just murder him and hide the body.

Then move in to conveniently consolidate his grieving beloved.

(Original post by ETRC)
    Whatever happens just don't be friends with her if she says she want to be friends. It is 100% better in every situation to forget a girl instead of being friendzoned.
    true but attractive girls have attractive friends. So stay in friendzone then get one of her friends

(Original post by The Shed End)
    'Eliminate' your rival.
    'Finish Him!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaisalNaeem03)
    'Finish Him!'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49jKoMbJyEo

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of a knight that goes by the name Alex Toyne , name the banner you fly , or face defeat by my sword for false knighthood, thy comrade or thy enemy , speak up.
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    Just murder him and hide the body.

Then move in to conveniently consolidate his grieving beloved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerArthurDayne)
    I have never heard of a knight that goes by the name Alex Toyne , name the banner you fly , or face defeat by my sword for false knighthood, thy comrade or thy enemy , speak up.
    Seven hells, it's the Sword of the Morning.

My branch of House Toyne is an ancient albeit unheard of. Our banner sports a golden sun upon a purple field and out word are "We stand fast" and have done so for many generations.

I am but the last of a dying line.

ReputationRep:
    This is the sigil of my house:

http://media.tumblr.com/20326bc9a8ba...xLH1qz4rgp.png

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Thanks
    You really can't do anything, the guy is wealthy and if he gets annoyed with you.
    Only bad things will happen.
    Try to find a girl who is wealthy also, then if you can win here heart, you will have some sort of protection.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.