Turn on thread page Beta

INSPECTOR CALLS remake watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Did you like the remake?
    Yes
    53.85%
    No
    0%
    Sort Of
    23.08%
    It wasn't as good as the other film versions
    23.08%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited. Loved it when I did it during English so can't wait either.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm very excited too

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooooooooooo i love love loveeeeeeeeeee :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    this is sooooo exciting! :yay::yay::woo::woo:
    i loved inspector calls when we studied it last yr in yr11, i loved the bbc one (not the black and white one the other one) and now there is going to be a modern one shown on Sunday on the BBC

i hope that they use the lines from the script tho and don't just make up the dialouge . I thought this might interest anyone currently studying the play or anyone like myself who loves it.

watch the trailer here:
    Have you seen any of the other Time Plays?

ReputationRep:
    time plays? do u mean the ones of AIC? I have seen the BBC colour version made in 1982 but i haven't seen the black and white one from 1954.

thanks 4 commenting btw
    An Inspector Calls is the last of six plays by J B Priestley dealing with different theories of time.

Dangerous Corner
    Time and the Conways
    I Have Been Here Before
    Johnson Over Jordan
    The Long Mirror
    An Inspector Calls

ReputationRep:
    I AM ALSO SO EXCITED

I've always wanted to see it in a theatre but when we were studying it there wasn't any theatres showing it in London. But I am so happy they have made a remake.

I really hope they use the lines from the book and not made up and I hope they use the ending as well and also that teh themes come across because that was the most important part of the play

ReputationRep:
    I studied this at GCSE, my brother's also studying it soon. This will be interesting to watch indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, I loved this when I studied this in y11. Can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    yay! it let me rep u changing skies
    Aww thanks so much I still can't rep you :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ngl I'm actually excited to watch it.
    If only this came out last year then my class wouldn't have watched the one from 1982.
    They better use the lines from the book and I hope there aren't any major changes
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    So excited :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Ngl I'm actually excited to watch it.
    If only this came out last year then my class wouldn't have watched the one from 1982.
    They better use the lines from the book and I hope there aren't any major changes
    Can I add something that some of you may find amazing when you look at the production values of that series and compare this to the cheap TV that fills the airwaves most of the time today.

Most reference sources list the Bernard Hepton version as dating from 1982. That isn't true. The series (6 half hour episodes) was shown at peak time 8:05pm each week from 17th August 1982 but that wasn't what it was made for.

The series was originally made for schools television and shown at 2:30pm on Tuesday afternoons during the autumn term of the 1981/2 academic year.

Could anyone find a programme of that quality made for educational TV today?

ReputationRep:
    wow i didn't know that, that's awesome :hat2:i loved that 1982 one and i think the one tonight is gona have a tough job 2 beat it

:hat2:
    I often make the point that old television wasn't all Jewel in the Brideshead Saga and there was a lot of rubbish on the box in the past.

However, I have to say that the programme schedule I looked up for Tuesday 6th October 1981 was a bit special.

This is across all three channels

2:30 An Inspector Calls
    4:25 Jackanory Jane Asher reads The Railway Children
    7:15 Wildlife on One: The Mysterious Bee with David Attenborough
    8:00 Morecambe and Wise
    8:30 Only Fools and Horses
    9:20 Frankie Howerd Strikes Again
    10:15 Horse of the Year Show

Unfortunately that means missing the World Chess Championship between Karpov and Koitchnoi (the 2nd great Cold War Chess Championship), a dramatisation of Elspeth Huxley's The Flame Trees of Thika and Six More English Towns (a very famous series on architectural history) because they clashed.

ReputationRep:
    wow, that sounds like a great line up u are very knowledgeable btw
    I am old but I also know where information can be found!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolcavy)
    it is on now! Bbc 1 turn it on! the excitement is so intense!

:excited::excited::excited::godancing::godancing::godancing::happy2::happy2::happy2::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::woo::woo::woo::woo::yay::yay::yay::yay::yum::yum::yum::party::party::party::party::party::party:
    hype watching now

ReputationRep:
    So far the dialouge seems pretty accurate it kept the 'squiffy' bit in it anyway
    Sheila is as annoying as ever and Birling appears to be Scottish
    This Eva Smith and Birling scene has been changed a bit But it's alright.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Mr Birling and Sheila seem poorly cast to me. Everyone else is spot on (Especially Eva and Eric)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    yeah i don't like Sheila's headband... it is irritating me
    :lol:Yeah

I can't wait for the inspector's speech.
    I keep analysing the movie like I'm in an English exam.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, I loved studying this! :woo: I didnt know there was a show coming on - have I missed it? :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.